S.O.T.D w/c Saturday 27th - Friday 2nd August 2013

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Dubl Duck special No.1
Morris & Forndran stubby 2XL
Haslinger Ewe's Milk Shaving Soap
Proraso Green A/S
Tom Ford Italian Cypress

DFS

Not been here for a while. Plodding on using up stocks of Palmolive, Arko and Ingram using my old Tech and endless stock of Personna blades. Far cry from those joyful days of acquisition. C'est la vie.

I have to admit, yesterday I used the Digress for the first time and it was a little, well, snaggy. But this morning it was fabbo - yesterday was just me putting in bad technique - today was glorious - smiling as I shaved! Kept it Mild on 2 for WTG and ATG and 1 for ATG - may up it a digit on each for tomorrow.
As there's been so much menthol chat on here I bought some Nivea Mentholated Balm from T K Maxx and it felt very refreshing - and also highlighted perfectly where I'd gone a tadge too close on the angle of the jawline. Very smooth - not BBS but not far off.

PREP Hot towel
PRE Village Barber Oil
BRUSH Frank Shaving 28mm Silvertip
CREAM Cella (again)
BOWL 6" Bananawood Bowl
RAZOR Digress XL HD
BLADE Feather (2)
BALM Nivea Menthol Balm

May see GOG today as we're splitting the group buy on Coconut soap pucks

Have a great weekend everyone

Ratty
[attachment=8032]

Attachments

• SOTD2.jpg
    SOTD2.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 48
No SOTD from me today.

No SOTD from me for the next 365 days.

Have decided to grow a beard for a year.

Yeah, you heard.

joe mcclaine said:
No SOTD from me today.

Yeah, you heard.

Vinnie,
How about a NSOTD thread where we can see you timelapse into a frontiersman for the next 12 months.

Ratty

Fido said:
Not been here for a while. Plodding on using up stocks of Palmolive, Arko and Ingram using my old Tech and endless stock of Personna blades. Far cry from those joyful days of acquisition. C'est la vie.

Ah, but what about all those lovely brushes?

Saturday

Gillette Tech - British
Wilkinson blade
Wilkinson boar from way back when
La Toja
RSC balm

Nice smooth shave before going to lunch with the locals here in Spain.

Saturday morning special

Hot shower
Bluebeard's Revenge Pre Shave Oil
Arko soap
Vie Long Boar's hair brush
Birth Razor - Gillette Superspeed with a Derby Extra blade
2 passes WTG & XTG
Olay moisturiser
Pereja Lemon Cologne

BBS

As James Brown said 'I feel good!'

Ingram
Vulfix Bodger
#11H New, Wilkinson Sword SP
Barbershop Bay Rum

Been cold water shaving of late. Nice and refreshing in this lovely summer weather, especially with Ingram. Comfortable BBS.

joe mcclaine said:
No SOTD from me today.

Yeah, you heard.

Nice 1 Vinnie. I toy with growing 1 myself now and then, but can't seem to get myself past the itchy and scruffy phase without succumbing to getting the razor out, and the Mrs isn't a fan of them. Anyway, best of luck for the year if that's sayonara.

cool shower for prep, cold water shave
Proraso pre/post
Omega synthetic brush
Martin De Candre
Feather Artist Club SS with Pro-Guard (WTG)
Ever-Ready 1912 with GEM Blue Star (2x ATG)
Arko Yagli Krem
Givenchy Gentleman

Smoothest shave I have had in a very long time! MDC is wonderful stuff and I just can't recommend it enough, everyone should try this stuff at least once. I was planning on 3 passes with the Feather this morning, but I must have had more beer last night than I thought. First pass left me with a couple of cuts, one right under the nose that needed quite a lot of attention from the styptic pencil. I then decided to put the Feather away and finish off with the Ever-Ready as the hands were just not steady enough even with a Pro-Guard blade in. The Arko cream is my favourite post shave moisturiser, it feels greasy at first but it sinks right into my skin quite quickly and really works for me.
I got some of the Givenchy from another forum member as I had never tried it before, this is fast becoming a favourite of mine as well, especially once it has been on for a little while and had a chance to mellow a little. The bonus is that the wife actually really likes it as well.

A very nice shave today despite the cuts caused by beer induced shakiness, now off to a birthday braaii for my dads 67th and then await the other half coming home in a state after the Rewind festival.

Have a good weekend guys

Saturday 07-27-13. MUSIC: The Big Beat - Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNJnvzpHagw&list=TLfx8ELlp0y78[/video]

5fcd9752-0c52-48a6-9656-342108d9e619.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Merkur 25C - Chroma Diamant #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Martin de Candre - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Castle Forbes lavender - ASL Lavanda by Ach. Brito.

Saturday 27th July

SOTD27713_zps41719b00.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette 1950's Rocket HD
Voskhod (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Comfortable shave with the Rocket and Voskhod combination. The Rocket is one of three razors I was left in an old friends estate, he died in May age 89. The others are a slim twist and a flare tip rocket. The flare tip rocket is at Restored razors for a new nickel overcoat.

Brian

SATURDAY MORNING

In a rush today as we had to get our female mog to the vet for a routine checkup.

Prep: Cold rinse
Cream: Clinique M-Shave gel
Brush: None! Used fingers
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Kai Captain Mild

One WTG pass, one ATG pass. Bosh, bosh, shoom, shoom. Ten minutes and finished.

Decent result, though only a DFS really. I could shave like this every day, but it isn't very enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom