PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade GSB (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

Have a good remainder of the weekend, folks.

IMG_20221218_134018_edit_1314280087343203.jpg

Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: ESC Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (2)
Cream: ESC fragrance free
PS 1: Ariana & Evans Cuban Highball

Decided to get my shavette out, which I've been avoiding, now that I've learned a bit more about my face and shaving in general.

Overall a very happy result other than a few small errors in technique. As with yesterday, the sharper blade felt comfortable on my neck. Just need to practice getting all the angles right, which feels more tricky with the straight razor style compared to the "regular" razor.

SOTD 20221218
Prep: Alt Innsbruck
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Shavemac Snowman Unique
Soap: Dovo Berlin Barber by A&E
Razor: Paradigm Shaveware Javelin Prototype
Blade: Derby Premium
AS: Dovo Berlin Barber by A&E

SOTD_20221218.jpg

SOTD_20221218_1.jpg

SOTD_20221218_2.jpg

SOTD_20221218_3.jpg

Kind Regards
Marco

Wickham Gothic Revival soap, splash and balm. Rubberset 400 with Oumo boar.
'64 Slim on #4, Gillette 7 o'clock SP Black (#4)
Zara Vibrant Leather Oud EDT.

This blade is still going strong after 4 uses, first use was harsh but I'll give it a final run tomorrow and see if 5 is OK.

An incredibly smooth close result, fitting for celebrating an 80th birthday party this afternoon (not mine!!), only marred by the cut above my eye and split lip from martial arts this morning to spoil the overall effect!
View attachment 97624
Gorgeous and what a brush!

Gillette Aristocrat #16 | Gillette Nacet | Hand-carved Ash with Cashmere | ARKO Stick | Benjamin’s Bay Rum | 3P Pre/Post

No photo as I couldn’t be hattered. I do like the scent of ARKO and it lathers a treat plus it’s slick but I must say that I find it dries my skin somewhat hence the unusual addition of the 3P for soothing moisture. Good results though.

Mon 19
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Nice soap for the lather qualities and together with the matching splash...a wonderful scent. The brush is just awesome!
An enjoyable shave with this hefty razor refreshed again on the LaLune with oil. The edge feels softer and crispier...some improvement I guess. I will put this razor through the diamond balsa next to see any difference. Managed bbs-ccs finish in 3 passes with 1 red spot today...
20221219_092349.jpg

SOTD 19-Dec
20221218_101834.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: Black Watch
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: GSB (1)

Brilliant shave, very smooth yet efficient enough razor. At first I thought I was way off the angle, it didn't feel like there was anything there cutting, but after the pass sure enough it had scythed down a good amount. Finish up the second pass and a couple of minor pickups and job done. Happy days!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

00E1BDAF-5759-47A3-913A-671380C11601.jpeg
SOTD: 19/12/2022

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm

I didn’t think the Avenger could get any better but I loaded it with a Kai Pink today and it just got a buttery smooth finish, that was a significant step above my usual Feather Pro finish on a first use. I had a few weepers but that was more down to me having Man Flu and my skin always getting rough when I’m ill. I didn’t think the Shield could be improved but this has made it even more one of the diamonds in my collection.
Enjoy your day guys.

Back
Top Bottom