Scent of The Day

Hi @Blademonkey

I will do my best:)
I think the primary notes are a bit of a rustic babershop/fougere .
There is definitely rosemary, juniper and what I would describe as fresh sweet woody scent with some spice in the background
Sandalwood is also apparent.

Perhaps not suitable for a midsummer hot day but is lovely on a day like today for example. Cloudy overcast and relatively mild in comparison to what we have all been recently experiencing.

Perfect match with your soap mate;)

Hope this helps in some little way.
Take care,
Wayne
Thanks mate, I will have to get some when fund's allow, sound's great.

I've opted for Fine L'orange Noir - a Terre D'Hermes copy. I'm tempted by the Terre D'Hermez from Mr Perfume but I'm not sure how it would stack up to this...

...furthermore, I'm not sure whether the Fine offering is modelled on the EDT or the EDP, as apparently they're certainly different fragrances!

If you can advise me how to decant some, I would be more than happy to send you a sample down :)
I did not realise it was a spray Wayne, thanks for the offer but it seems like a lot of work on your finger to get a few drops out.....I should be able to get some in a few weeks anyway......I have just bought a new razor and has left me without funds for a few weeks but it had to be done, you know what it's like! Thanks anyway Wayne, your a pal.

Today :)

One%20Man%20Show60_zps4ob1sw7w.jpg

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue, it's a really super old fashioned fragrance (some would say classic) I really like it, I have been wanting to buy it since I first sampled it at Stansted airport over a year ago but was hesitant because it is arguably more feminine than any other fragrance I own. I'm glad I did, it is delightful in a very 'oldy world' way (it is a 1912 fragrance)
I think what makes it unusual is heliotrope which is a very much less used note today.

Regards
Dick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom