Schick Twin Injector Performance with Twin Blades

I found out what I was missing ? -- A really bad experience !
Tried these blades in my Schick M2 today and experienced one of my worst shaves ever !
Used my normal prep and soap and ended up not only with a poor shave but also with post shave irritation, which I normally don't experience.
I will have another try sometime, but it certainly appears that what gives one person a great shave, can give another a crap one !
YMMV really exists !
Which twin blade did you try?

Tried these blades in my Schick M2 today and experienced one of my worst shaves ever !
Used my normal prep and soap and ended up not only with a poor shave but also with post shave irritation, which I normally don't experience.
I will have another try sometime, but it certainly appears that what gives one person a great shave, can give another a crap one !
YMMV really exists !
Were they new or NOS blades? You are right though, YMMV really does exist, be it blades, razors or anything you may use.

Mmm, that's always the chance you take with NOS blades, some are good some are just collector items. You can buy new Schick twin blades and you may find you have a better shave.
Not tried the Teflon coated ones, I have the new ones from Japan and some NOS Dutch ones. As @Blademonkey says maybe the NOS one's you have are possibly past their best.

YMMV really exists !
MMMmm..A Bad Blade or Summit...Dunno..Everybody that Got these Blades Loved them..;)

Billy

MMMmm..A Bad Blade or Summit...Dunno..Everybody that Got these Blades Loved them..;)

Billy
Like you said Billy - I can't be the only one, so the chances are the blades are past their "sell by date " ! ( The box was priced at 20 cents of two blades )
Will give it a try again, next time on setting 7, todays setting was 5. If this is no good then I will try the remaining blade !

Like you said Billy - I can't be the only one, so the chances are the blades are past their "sell by date " ! ( The box was priced at 20 cents of two blades )
Will give it a try again, next time on setting 7, todays setting was 5. If this is no good then I will try the remaining blade !
I've never had a problem with a NOS blade unless it was from before the 70s. And never gotten a bad shave from a twin. I guess there's a first for everything but I wouldn't give up - put a new one in and see what happens. :D

I've never had a problem with a NOS blade unless it was from before the 70s. And never gotten a bad shave from a twin. I guess there's a first for everything but I wouldn't give up - put a new one in and see what happens. :D
Just looked at the pack and it has a special offer " 20c off next pack and offer expires March 31 1975 "
So they are quite old !

!

Hi there,

Ok, here's some stuff to consider that can all cause issues with injectors in general. No idea what your previous injector experience is so I will just ballpark it.

First and most important is loading blades right which I don't think is your problem here but you never know. Also, with any vintage blade it's good to look it over for any weird looking things before using. Sometimes flaws can actually be seen without a loupe.

I believe it was Billy or Carl who sent me some of those twins and although it was a while ago I am pretty sure they were on the sharper side, especially compared to some currently made blades. If that's right then your technique may need more paying attention to...that's how it is with me/sharp blades anyway. Matter of fact if I'm using the adjustable it gets dialed down one number for a few extra attention slice and dice blades.

When you say a "Poor shave", what exactly does that mean? Was it unpleasant during the shave and how so? Not cutting efficiently or pulling or leaving patches or what? So you had red spots afterwards from nicks or irritation or both?

Look at that blade and any question about it use a fresh one and load it very slowly. Maybe shave a little slower next time for the heck of it. See of any of what I typed might help.

Martin

Last edited:
Twin blades gave someone irritation. Whuddathunkit? :D

Isn't that one of THE biggest reasons many of us started using DE & SE razors in the first place? For me it was to try & get away from ingrown hairs and it worked like a charm. I'll be damned if I'll tempt fate again by using twin blades after all the misery & suffering I endured for decades using multi blade disposables. :rolleyes: ;)

Back
Top Bottom