Semogue Owners Club

Hi Andy

I don't think I've really used the brush enough for it to change hugely. Maybe it's broken in a bit more, but I think the biggest change has been down to me, partly to my improving lathering technique. I thought I was 'OK' at it prior to Christmas, but since then, combined with the experience I've gained from my (ever increasing!) variety of brushes and soaps.

I also adopted an "All or nothing" approach to using it, I really worked it into the soap, grinding it in quite hard, really working the bristles until they were really covered in a thick paste of lather. I think the brush respects this kind of more aggressive use.

That's just what I did. The bristles were so springy and resilient to start with that I just thought "what the hell?" and got stuck right in. Funny thing is, I don't recall the brush losing even a single hair. If there's a downside to the 2009, it's that the knot doesn't retain lather like a badger does, but that's a boar characteristic anyway. Otherwise, I'm very taken with it.

I don't think mine's lost a hair yet, they're harder to spot than the darker coloured badger hairs maybe? None of my brushes have lost many hairs really. It does seem to be something of a 'unique' brush, at least in my limited experience. I'm now finding myself in the reverse situation of not wanting to try another brush :lol:

Thoroughly enjoying the discovery of what all the fuss is about ;)

Back
Top Bottom