September 2016 acquisitions

Ha! Yes, unfortunately I got them back home and tried the razors and they don't fit.
I used the same measurements for the official ATT holder off the executive shaving website and they are wrong.
I'll take one of my handles into work Monday and measure it with a vernier. No biggie.
Can't you just file the handles down 'till they fit...:D

Received this, to me, beautiful Wilkinson Kompakt cartridge razor.
I already have the grey, metal one so this was a fun, and rather rare, addition to the collection :)
I love the Kompakt as it's an extremely comfortable and efficient razor - it might look a bit odd but once you hold it and use it it all comes together. Another iconic Sir Kenneth Grange design ;)

jpas86.jpg

f9h7rm.jpg

Received this, to me, beautiful Wilkinson Kompakt cartridge razor.
I already have the grey, metal one so this was a fun, and rather rare, addition to the collection :)
I love the Kompakt as it's an extremely comfortable and efficient razor - it might look a bit odd but once you hold it and use it it all comes together. Another iconic Sir Kenneth Grange design ;)

jpas86.jpg

f9h7rm.jpg
A classic design from one of our great designers, also designed the wilkinson protector razor in 1991 along with loads of other cool stuff.

i Coloniali soap puck refill from Amazon.

After the recent scare of i Coloniali discontinuing their soaps I had to get a back-up for whenever my existing one runs out.

I recent moved my old puck out of its original ceramic bowl (because it's just too small to load a brush with) and popped it in my (old ladies') soap dish. After a couple of shaves the puck broke into several pieces so I grated it into the bowl which is actually much easier to lather with.

Acquire_20160924-1_zpst48llcgb.jpg

Picked up this gold coloured kinda generic DE razor from eBay for a couple of quid; thought I'd have a play.
I was looking for a easy/mildish razor to travel with because I never seem to get as comfortable a shave when I'm on holiday, so thought this cheap razor would be good for a quick & easy shave. This one was in surprisingly good condition and the handle is solid making the razor a decent 55g weight. I particularly like that the cap as it has four corner tabs to hold the blade straight - I don't know why this isn't used more.

Tried it this morning with a Rapira Swedish Super Steel blade (which I find quite nicely aggressive and sharp) and the razor performed wonderfully. Not mild nor too aggressive, very easy to use - just the job for holidays. In fact just as good as my ATT R1 !

The only down side is that I'm pretty sure I could detect a faint fishy smell! WTF! Maybe my imagination but does anyone know a metal that would smell like fish? I had previously scrupulously cleaned and sterilised the razor and there are no marks or debris etc.

Another question for you. Does anyone know what this razor is called (apart from generic DE razor)?

Acquire_20160924-2_zpsvdbbecdo.jpg

Acquire_20160924-3_zpsg8ftgn2e.jpg

Acquire_20160924-4_zpsbocn9vm8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom