September 2016 acquisitions

View attachment 20899 View attachment 20898 Recevied today bought from a fourm member my Shavemac silvertip two band D01 27 x 54mm a absolutely superb brush and although it can't be seen in the picture the handle has a wonderful iridescence shinning through.
I will be useing it for my Sunday shave and will post my thoughts on SOTD.
A big thank you going out to @MPH for his speed of light dispatch of my brush and the professional packing, THANK YOU. See what I did there, big thank you....never mind!

Your welcome! Hope you love it! :)

View attachment 20899 View attachment 20898 Recevied today bought from a fourm member my Shavemac silvertip two band D01 27 x 54mm a absolutely superb brush and although it can't be seen in the picture the handle has a wonderful iridescence shinning through.
A big thank you going out to @MPH for his speed of light dispatch of my brush and the professional packing, THANK YOU. See what I did there, big thank you....never mind!

NICE! :cool:Looking forward to your thoughts on it tomorrow.

That is one gorgeous brush.

View attachment 20901 View attachment 20902 View attachment 20903 View attachment 20904 Got hold of an English 1912 Ever Ready, with Bakelite box (c/w little compartments to store blades) from the bay. Small chip on box; but razor looks in great condition, with a typically strong spring (it's great how the 1912 patents retain their strength; considering they could have been built 1912-1930s/40s).

I'm looking forward to comparing with the US 1912 for performance; as the latter according to those in the know is the milder.
The razor is fab but the box is fab +1 nice find.

My DIY shaving bowl

7ec4w8X.jpg

JRI1oJy.jpg

20160926_175526.jpg Had a day off today, popped into Taylors of Old Bond Street, although they're actually in Jermyn St(?) & bought a wooden bowl(just the bowl) for a soap I have. Crossed the street, into a small shopping alley & into my favourite shaving shop in London where I bought 2x Gillette silver blues & 2x bath soaps. The soaps are smashing. I don't know the name of the shop because weirdly, it doesn't have a name! Honestly. It's very quirky though.

View attachment 20952 Had a day off today, popped into Taylors of Old Bond Street, although they're actually in Jermyn St(?) & bought a wooden bowl(just the bowl) for a soap I have. Crossed the street, into a small shopping alley & into my favourite shaving shop in London where I bought 2x Gillette silver blues & 2x bath soaps. The soaps are smashing. I don't know the name of the shop because weirdly, it doesn't have a name! Honestly. It's very quirky though.
Fantastic, I haven't been shopping in London for years, I used to love Oxford st and the ones you mentioned, I could do some serious spending in London so maybe it's just as well!

Back
Top Bottom