SEptember 2017

Got all my kit together, photographed, got carried away making a lovely picture ... and didn't get to shave.

Never mind, here's the picture ...

p9rS4AiIFtMhaRlXzE9SGX-Y7ltvle6s9kJdDtWykaghmFFOhtzh5NZwaG3QlmQz0Xxb2OjQ-8bKQOT1SPsPSF22NdIRqhUioKL2tmVsVRs_CxJQBO-Jy6MuAj7bhRvbCVorf2lGY-3O8m15BF_nPSA0_fa7ZxBANMEsePaUrz1JwD42pUCjMdq8rpMo8d7eDIOUps8L_86Uxl_mMyjpbWUQvlDiHWv5tkhPJMc7lt4q1AsIJd7J6reOb0pRvpRnqMkAZ-FxBGSTXal0uKQu4fJvD0Rk9M0Ih_bGdm1oJ4aLBNJ9bvEvbtvpuYRcwiAuwh7qdVsWMhbgTlzHrW1x_Du-RVHnT18gNVwCFqH0PiArCK-cgiUs1oxRCvwUlnfx97-Yb_34dYRVjyzRlCBDJEpp5jr0bTh_cLl0NJeQHweXrXoLmPU-WjqnJVje12Xn5_uj0LSXgQKSql-jIX29Sbejr4Gzw9U8O6SI7zs_ZDso-oAmqJkq9X-RJK_KmOYIZREUF1oMcIYrQeHtjxJI4GRdMBib_WJjSC0HLLGMgewL0S2158geJ0IiAvRIJiN2cdq2kqiOUxWIQuz-EEDhEtanUBoIR_XxQAY_7vdJ81yB0CnGWe0rwbTqaCkuG4r8YbMXjA4Xs-mgxN1i8srND5hgBl3NubupB8UvBU9CJTPVaw=w1200

Tabacaday! ... tonight.
First signs of old age approaching:). One good reason for me having the Shave before the photograph, brushes may look a bit dishevelled though.

Now, I am officially part of SEptember!

Supply's TheSingleEdge with Proline blades is really great razor! This blades are so smooth and sharp in TheSingleEdge.

Faena MLEV is fantastic soap - scent, slicknes and post feelings are just great! And this brush from TurnNShave is really lather machine.

For post shave, I choose Prep. Just a little bit of menthol after nice mint in soap.
dd9a8a09b6dc0c48465a75b3d5af5782.jpg

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

SEptember 8th...(sitting an iMax theatre waiting for Stephen King's IT to start; so you're spared my crappy photography)

Soap - P&B Baskerville
Brush - Semogue 2000
Face lather
Razor - Feather AC SS non-folding
Blade - Kai Pink
Post - Alum and Thayer's
Smell - Alt-Innsbruck EDC

Not a smooth shave today. I got a smooth finish (apart from a small cut); but it was somewhat draggy. Operator error, of course, as the AC is a great razor and the Kai Pinks are smooth blades (a shout out to @patw for sending me couple of these - thanks again, Bud).

So, more practice required. But that's what it's all about.

SEptember 8th...(sitting an iMax theatre waiting for Stephen King's IT to start; so you're spared my crappy photography)

Soap - P&B Baskerville
Brush - Semogue 2000
Face lather
Razor - Feather AC SS non-folding
Blade - Kai Pink
Post - Alum and Thayer's
Smell - Alt-Innsbruck EDC

Not a smooth shave today. I got a smooth finish (apart from a small cut); but it was somewhat draggy. Operator error, of course, as the AC is a great razor and the Kai Pinks are smooth blades (a shout out to @patw for sending me couple of these - thanks again, Bud).

So, more practice required. But that's what it's all about.

Enjoy the movie and thanks for the TAG mate ;)

Friday 8th SEptember 2017

sotd 8th sept.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Soft Guard (#2)
Brush: Maseto 24mm 2 band finest
Soap: Pré de Provence
AS: Lucky Tiger AS Tonic

I have not shaved with the Colonial General for quite a while, so it made a welcome return. What was not quite as welcome was the Feather Soft Guard blade I decided to use, the end result was actually fine but this is one odd blade. The shave was pretty much the same as the last shave with this blade in an iKon El Jefe, maybe slightly better. The first pass WTG felt very rough/tuggy, the next pass XTG was better and the final ATG pass was pretty good. No nicks, no weepers and no post shave irritation, but that first pass was too rough, I can see or rather actually feel why this blade is not well liked. Maybe I should try ATG on the first pass next time, or maybe I should not bother using these blades again.

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Vie-Long 13052
Cream: Sweyn Forkbeard Cedarwood Sample
Razor: Gem FHT aka G-Bar
Blade: Gem Blue Star

index.php

First time with the FHT and it's a bit mild for my tastes.
Using two mild razors in a row confirmed my belief that a more efficient razor is kinder to the skin, less passes and less touch ups = less irritation, but as always, ymmv.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom