Wednesday 6th SEptember 2017

SOTD 6th SEpt.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: NOS Personna (#1)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Cream: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime
AS: Lucido

First shave with a NOS Personna blade, no idea how old these blades are. Shave was OK, certainly not as good as yesterday with the same type of razor but a Schick Proline blade. Today was smooth with no nicks or weepers but after three passes it did feel like it could have been a closer shave.

170906_SOTD.jpg

Pre Shave: Hot towel and face wash with Bulldog Face Wash
Soap: Sterling Mountain Man
Brush: Razorock 400
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Razor: Rocenel SE-P

Last edited:
My 06 SEptember shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply SE Injector, Plate ***.
Blade - Persona PTFE Coated Injector Blade (Day 1).
Soap - Executive Shaving - Natural Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" After Shave, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

Not wanting to jinx things, this morning I hit the sweet spot with the Supply-SE - BBS after 3 passes and a small touch up on the chin, again using the *** plate :)

Its over 12 hours since I shaved, my skin still feels relatively smooth, surprisingly so.

View attachment 28775
A bit late to this SEptember thread...but here's my lot. Top (l-r): ER 1924, ER 1912 Bathroom Set, ER 1912 (England), Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf CC, Schick Injector G8 and Schick Injector E2.

Bottom (l-r): Gem FHT, Feather AC Japanese and below that, the RazoRock Black Hawk.

@Scotshave that looks an amazing SEptember den.

image.jpg SEptember 7th Thursday

Razor....Ever Ready Natral Angle / HFT. Made in England
Blade....Ever Ready Corrux NOS freshly stropped
Soap....L'Occitane ~ Cade
Brush....Zennith Boar

A good shave from the British version of thr G Bar, I'm not sure but being nickle plated it may have come before the chrome plated Gem G Bar......I'm sure someone will know.
Paired with the Ever Ready Corrux blade it performed very wel indeed leaving me sooth skinned without irritation .

Tomorrow, another day and another razor.......:)

Thursday 7th SEptember

Olive Oil Soap
Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
Palmolive Sensitive Shaving Cream
Giles Shaving Bowl
Semogue OC Boar in Ash
GEM Micromatic OC with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Men-U Moisturiser
Denim Original AS

Inaugural shave for both my Giles Shave Bowl and the MMOC razor. A Truly enjoyable experience all round. 3 Smooth and comfortable passes for a BBS shave:D

IMG_0072.JPG

SEptember 7th...

I omitted the jewel (well, Streamline) from my SE crown photo yesterday as the plan was to use it today. It also deserves a place on its own.

Soap - OSP Neroli
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 Pat. 'Streamline '
Blade - Gem PTFE
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick

It's always a pleasure to get re-acquainted with this razor. Of all the cutters in my den, this must be the one that comes closest to 'letting the weight of the razor do the work'. I only need enough pressure to maintain control; any more then I could ask for trouble.

3 passes (W/X/A) and no need for any pickups. Smoother than an otter's waistcoat.

The OSP, of course, never fails. If Tabac Original is my go-to mass produced soap, then OSP Neroli (and Fougere) is (are) my artisan choice.

Still enjoying the Speick too; nice post shave feel.

Last edited:
View attachment 28796

SEptember 7th...

I omitted the jewel (well, Streamline) from my SE crown photo yesterday as the plan was to use it today. It also deserves a place on its own.

Soap - OSP Neroli
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 Pat. 'Streamline '
Blade - Gem PTFE
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick

It's always a pleasure to get re-acquainted with this razor. Of all the cutters in my den, this must be the one that comes closest to 'letting the weight of the razor do the work'. I only need enough pressure to maintain control; any more then I could ask for trouble.

3 passes (W/X/A) and no need for any pickups. Smoother than an otter's waistcoat.

The OSP, of course, never fails. If Tabac Original is my go-to mass produced soap, then OSP Neroli (and Fougere) is (are) my artisan choice.

Still enjoying the Speick too; nice post shave feel.
It certainly deserves a place on its own, lovely condition. :) (Streamline)

Cheers, Paul :) It's a beaut, no doubt. Was it Jan that came up with this idea of SEptember? Great idea for a forum. DEcember should be interesting...:)
Yes it was Jan that came up with the great SEptember idea, I don't know if I could use a DE razor for a whole month though, SEs are my razor of choice these days! :)

Fellow SE shavers

After a month or two away from my 1912 I have returned to it. During that time, I was using my 37c and came back to Gillette Yellow 7OCs, and got into an excellent groove.

I previously was a big fan of my 1912, but this week, I'm just finding it relatively harsh. No other major changes, ie, using my usual soaps. I can't work out why it has gone from hero to zero so dramatically. It's at the point where I am tempted to put the 1912 aside indefinitely.

Can anyone talk me out of this rut?

Back
Top Bottom