One day to go!

Razor.....The General in Brass
Blade....Feather Pro Super
Soap....M-T Dark Limes
Brush....Semouge OC Badger
Scuttle.....Giles Shaving Co
Post....BBA post Shave Balm
Scent....Sublime Vanille....Creed copy oil from Mr Perfume

One more day and SE September will be over so I pulled out another of my top three modern SE Razors, the General in brass, fitted out with the Feather Super blade and I knew what kind of shave this was going to be ......a fantastic one! Close, very close but smooth leaving me with skin as smooth as I like to have after a shave, Blademonkey Smooth!
The scent coming from the lather was tremendous as well as being slick and very protective . BBA PSB to finnish off the shave followed by a dab or three of Sublime Vanille to my pulse points.
Tomorrow is another day and another razor to finnish SE September.

Have a good day, but let's be careful out there!......:)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Soap: Sudsey Soapery Lavender and Peppermint
Razor: ER 1912 USA
Blade: Gem Blue Star
index.php

Well, SEptember is coming to a close and I've missed my DEs but not half as much as I thought I would.
Imo SEs outperform DEs, thickness of blade maybe?

Friday 29th September

Birch Tar Soap
3P preshave cream
RazoRock Irish Countryside Soap
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
New Forest Tubby 1 Silvertip Brush
Blackland Sabre with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
RazoRock Irish Countryside AS

A wonderful shave this morning which will carry me through tonight's shift. I took 3 passes....although to be honest......there was nothing left to shave on the third pass! A super smooth BBS with no issues.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Mine will start when I get up tomorrow afternoon when I hope to finish SEptember with a special shave:)

Friday 29th SEptember 2017

SOTD 29th SEpt.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Ever Ready Natural Angle
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (#1)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Proraso Blue Balm

A decent shave but I much prefer these blades in a 1912 or 1924 and especially with a shim added in the earlier razor.

image.jpg SE September 30th Saturday

The end of this fantastic thread. Thank you to you Jan for a great idea, I have really enjoyed a whole month of SE shaving.

To Finnish off this month where autum has the Uk in its grips I thought my Ever-ready 1912 Sun Ray razor would be fitting.
I paired this lovely razor with a Ever-Ready Corrux NOS blade freshly stropped and face lathered for a change with a Speick soap stick and my Uber soft BSSW Gonzo silvertip and worked up a wonderful slick lather, the razor and blade combo was just perfect and removed my stubble with ease. I finnished of with a spot of BBA Post Shave Balm followed by a body spray of Chanel Allure, looking smooth and smelling great! :)

Have a great weekend people and I will see you next month......:)

Saturday 30th September

Olive Oil Soap
3P Preshave Cream
RazoRock Plaque Doctor Soap
Steve Woodhead Surabachi Bowl
Vie-Long/Cashmere 24mm in Olive Wood
GEM Micromatic OC in Brass
GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve AS

My post night duty shave. Not what I had originally planned...but unforeseen circumstances required a last minute change. The MMOC stepped up and produced the goods! I just love the smell of the Plague Doctor soap and Special Reserve is my favourite Clubman scent.
Three passes for a wonderful BBS shave:)

A big thanks to Jan for starting this topic....it has been fun and I have enjoyed every moment:D

Final SEptember shave today and it was a good one.

SOTD-2_zpsuz4y6c8h.jpg

Abbate Y La Mantia Crumiro soap
Semogue 2013 Special Edition Selected Silvertip brush
Schick Type J injector razor
Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary AS Balm
Osma Pre-Shave Oil

I just had to choose a SV 70th anniversary product in order to celebrate Lewis Hamilton's 70th career pole position for tomorrow's Malaysian Grand Prix.

I've really enjoyed shaving with SE's for most of this month and it has really enabled me to get to grips with using injectors, especially my Supply Provision which is fast becoming one of my favourite razors.

Back
Top Bottom