SOTD 170717.jpg

Brush: Maseto 30mm Silvertip
Razor: Evo Asylum
Blade: Astra SP #3
Soap: Santa Maria Novella
Post Shave: Aloa Vera 100%, BBA Balm
Splash: D R Harris, Arlington
EDC: D R Harris Arlington.

A 2x pass shave today due to a little razor burn from yesterdays shave.
I have avoided the neck like the plague.
The razor is beautiful to look at and indeed very expensive but I ask myself. Is it really worth the money?
A few more attempts from this pass around razor will conclude my opinion but at the moment I am not overly impressed.
In brief the Maseto brush yet again worked it's wonders.
The soap sample was outstanding. A lovely menthol hit that did not put my head into "Dried Ice." :D
I adore the D R Harris aftershaves and Colognes, so refreshing for this time of year.

Enjoy your shaves,
Wayne :)

Vegetal Soap - Lilly of the Valey
Proraso - Sandalwood Crema Pre Barba
Proraso - Sandalwood Sapone da Barba (Shaving Cream)
Omega - S10108 Synthetic
Facelathering
Merkur - 37C
PERMA-SHARP SUPER (1)
WTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Proraso - Sandalwood Lozione Dopobarba

PERMA-SHARP SUPER blade gave me a great BBS shave in two passes with the 37C.
I like it more than the Astra Superior Platinum which is more aggressive at first shave.

That Tuesday morning shave was accompanied by Edward Elgar.

Last edited:
... a gold Flying Wing! What a lovely razor! I sold all mine on when I settled on the 1912 as "my" razor (having bought a couple of hundred of them and settled on just the one hundred to keep). Yeah, I recall nice shaves from the Flying Wing.

Lovely to see.

Wickham's Parma Violet? Ahhhh ... :D
Cheers, it is does give a lovely shave but the 1912 remains my favourite of the bunch :)

SOTD: 18th July 2017.
C.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Coconut & Sheabutter Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & Menthol.

Blade: Gillette Nacet. (1)

Razor: Muhle R41 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ Proraso ~Eucalyptus & Menthol Aftershave .

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Another early start of the day for me, i'm not bothered though, it's nice to see the early morning sunshine.

It's been a while since i used proraso green, the Eucalyptus & Menthol soap/aftershave duo, gave the shave a lovely cool freshness to my face.

The R41/Gillette Nacet duo, paired up wonderfully together,resulting in a efficient 3 pass + pick ups very close silky smooth shave, with no errors to report...

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 18 July 2017

Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synthetic 26/63mm
Lather: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #6
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - YSL L'Homme EDT

image.jpg SOTD 18th July Tuesday

Shave Seven ~ Blackland Sabre

Prep....Shower~ Olive Oil Soap
Razor....Blackland Sabre
Blade....Personna Gem
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Soap.....Stirling~Piacenza
Brush....Semouge OC Badger
Post....Thayers Rose Petal, Jojoba Oil
Scent....BayRum B2 by @Gareth1982

This was my last of a 7 day back to back shave experience with the Sabre and as expected the shave did not disappoint, it was a smooth shave and very close , this razor and blade work extremely well together, they were made for eachother or rather the Sabre was made for the Gem blade and Blackland have done a wonderful job because the sabre is perfect with this blade.

@Gareth1982 , your BayRum B2 is even better than the last batch , very nice indeed, I'm smeling like a shore bound sailor ! :)

Wishing you a great day.......:)

Last edited:
Tuesday

Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Star 1912 Pattern razor with a GEM SS (#8)
Alum Block and rinse
Unrefined Organic Shea Butter
Floid Original AS
Oudh Al Qamar EDP

I have decided to persevere with the Omega brush. Compared to Semogues, I have always found Omega Boars difficult to break in. i have seen many beautiful photos ....so it must be possible.
The GEM blade continues to soldier on. A three pass fantastic shave and I am set for the day!

18/7/17

Pre - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - @phoenixandbeau vegan soap
Brush - Omega 82065
Razor - YJ Tech
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (5)
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

I've been using/testing @phoenixandbeau vegan soap for the last few days, and decided to use Vitos Red yesterday for comparison noticed I had a bit of irritation for the second and third passes and wanted to pay particular attention to whether the P&B would invoke such a reaction (all other variables were the same), which unsurprisingly they didn't.

Something I am appreciating more and more about the P&B vegan is the near enough absence of any odour to the lather in use. Dry the soap has an earthy odour, but in use almost nothing of that remains.

Pre shave: Bulldog original face scrub
Soap: Cryogen
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip plissoft
Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate #6)
Blade: Shark (3)
Post shave: Fine Snake Bite followed up with L'Occitane Cedrat after shave cream gel

35867778741_1c4b2e075e_c.jpg

I needed a wake up call this morning, so I went for my extreme menthol duo.

Cryogen is akin to being headslammed into a glacier, with snake bite providing the impact of being hit by a penguin around the chops. Wonderful stuff.

I'm still amazed how smooth the 6s is, I'm pretty sure you could shave with your eyes closed with this razor. It feels like I'm shaving with a magical ruler that makes stubble disappear.

Have a great day gents.

Tues 18th July
Omega 11126 boar
Williams Expert AV Cream
ES Claymore V1
Feather Pro [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

A brief foray into use of a Cream today, and found no problems with the Razor clogging up. In fact it worked very well and I got a very smooth and comfortable Shave, with the class of finish that I have come to expect with this Razor. Quite surprised that few forum members have homed into the use of a V2, perhaps the modest price/ finish may put some off, but if anything like V1 it will be a good Shaver.

I have resisted getting one, as I have A Mongoose incoming. Really like the idea of a modern Gem Razor,
and the Sabre seems the one to sample, it would have to be a loaner as am not sure the performance
justifies the price - Vintage Gem users seem to be impressed with it.

IMG_1410.jpg

Back
Top Bottom