Shave of the day Saturday 15th-Friday 21st july 2017

35959811286_9d63bc3644_z.jpg

SOTD

Phoenix & Beau vegan soap
Maseto Shaving 30mm finest brush
USSR Consul razor
Wilkinson Sword (made in England) blade
Novaya Zarya Arbat EdC

Quite surprised that few forum members have homed into the use of a V2, perhaps the modest price/ finish may put some off, but if anything like V1 it will be a good Shaver.
I've a V2 and, unfortunately, haven't used it as often as I perhaps should. It's definitely a cracking shaver but I've more razors than I perhaps should so I've spent the time with it...yet...

That being said, my first shave with it was exceptional. I'll be trying it with a Kai Pink next as last time I used a Feather Pro and that was close to the wire. A great shave, but daunting on its first outing.

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Omega Boar Travel Brush
Soap: Speick Stick
Razor: Valet AutoStrop
Blade: Vintage Valet
Afters: Aloe Vera Gel, 4711 AS
Substitution: Gem Clog Pruf (Gem SS)

Many Thanks to @Floid_Maniac's Shaving Supplies Ltd for providing the vintage blade, soap and travel brush. :)
I've decided I don't like this razor.
I put the manufacturer's recommended blade in (having tried a FHS-10s previously), a bit tuggy, so I stropped it, a bit better.
Two passes later I was still quite stubbley so brought on a substitute.
Love the Speick stick though and the brush is a little marvel.

IMG_20170718_161956.jpg

The brush made me think of Cary Grant in North by Northwest :)

Last edited:
I've a V2 and, unfortunately, haven't used it as often as I perhaps should. It's definitely a cracking shaver but I've more razors than I perhaps should so I've spent the time with it...yet...

That being said, my first shave with it was exceptional. I'll be trying it with a Kai Pink next as last time I used a Feather Pro and that was close to the wire. A great shave, but daunting on its first outing.
Try a Schick Proline Type P, more forgiving than the Pro.

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Omega Boar Travel Brush
Soap: Speick Stick
Razor: Valet AutoStrop
Blade: Vintage Valet
Afters: Aloe Vera Gel, 4711 AS
Substitution: Gem Clog Pruf (Gem SS)

Many Thanks to @Floid_Maniac's Shaving Supplies Ltd for providing the vintage blade, soap and travel brush. :)
I've decided I don't like this razor.
I put the manufacturer's recommended blade in (having tried a FHS-10s previously), a bit tuggy, so I stropped it, a bit better.
Two passes later I was still quite stubbley so brought on a substitute.
Love the Speick stick though and the brush is a little marvel.

View attachment 27170

The brush made me think of Cary Grant in North by Northwest :)

Is it my eyes but is the blade sitting into the blade stops on what looks to be a VC2?

Back
Top Bottom