Shave of the day Saturday 19th August-Friday 25th August 2017

Evening shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
P&B Spitfire.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Gillette Fatboy (5).
Astra SP (1).
Extro Tabacco Aftershave/EDT.
BBA Post Shave Balm.

The soap and aftershave are a perfect match for a cool, damp, slightly misty North London evening. A lovely 3 pass shave. My face feels great and, even if I say so myself, I smell wonderful. Not sure the other half will agree when she gets home though. Thanks to @Digimonkey for recommending the Extro Tabacco.

Monday evening;

IMG_5059.jpg

Thomas Clipper Mk1
Voskhod #2
Dove Men+Extra cream
26mm 2-band
BBA PSB

First outing of the generous PIF from @ajc347! The Dove cream feels, in a word, strange when compared to the other creams I've tried out! It's laden with glycerin so feels really slippy going on but not entirely cushioning, though that could be improved when I get more used to this cream. It smells like the BBA shave cream but sweeter and is really, really soft. The shaving planets and stars didn't particularly align for me tonight though so I gave it one pass and a couple of touch ups and called it a day. Binned the Voskhod after it's 2nd use and will trial an Astra green next time. BBA PSB did a great job as usual. Not the worst, not the best, feeling smoother at least with no irritation!

Onto the next.

Monday 21st August 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash
Razor: OneBlade Core v2
Blade: Feather FHS (#4)
Brush: Maseto 24mm 2 band finest
Soap: Speick Men stick
AS: Nivea 2 phase

Another great shave from the Core v2, well almost. There was a small patch of irritation on my cheek, you could actually see a red patch on the skin, however this soon faded after the post shave routine. I am guessing it was the blade on the way out or just my technique, it was the first time I used the Speick soap but as the irritation was just one small patch I don't think it was the soap.

Monday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Shower and face wash with Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by Warm water and Village Barbour Pre-shave Oil.
Razor - ATT SE1
Blade - Kai Captain Mild (Pink) (2)
Soap - Executive Shaving Natural Shave Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Synthetic Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" Aftershave, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

A great 2 pass shave today. Had a great 3 pass shave on Sunday, not much left to shave off today. decided not to get greedy, kept safe and went for a WTG and ATG shave.

Nice result, loving my shaves with a SE. The Ibiza Aloe is the dogs bollocks (YMMV :) ) it disappears into the skin in seconds, works well.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom