Shave of the day Saturday 19th August-Friday 25th August 2017

RBLsOGL0.jpg

Omega 46806
Merkur 34C HD
Merkur Super (3)
The Body Shop Maca Root
Thayers Rose & Old Spice Whitewater

I am very impressed with this Merkur blade, has given me three excllent shaves so far, I feel I could push some more so I am going to see how many I can get from it, not something I usually do. One of the best lathers with this brush, the scent is an acquired taste but it is a top, top cream. I like it all in all. Great start to the week.

Great photograph and set-up.

Thanks,

Chris

Bath / Nivea Men Active Wash
Gentlemens Face Care Club Cream
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Merkur 39c / Astra SP (3)
Lavender witch hazel mixture
Cerruti EdT

Two days growth were no match for the Merkur / Astra combo. I'm still finding the 39c more efficient than the 37c, I can only put it down to the longer handle/ extra weight.
My second use of this cream. I don't feel it has great protection compared to say Trumper's, Maca Root or Truefitt creams.
It's not a terrible cream by any means, but I won't be reaching for it on a regular basis.

Bath / Nivea Men Active Wash
Gentlemens Face Care Club Cream
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Merkur 39c / Astra SP (3)
Lavender witch hazel mixture
Cerruti EdT

Two days growth were no match for the Merkur / Astra combo. I'm still finding the 39c more efficient than the 37c, I can only put it down to the longer handle/ extra weight.
My second use of this cream. I don't feel it has great protection compared to say Trumper's, Maca Root or Truefitt creams.
It's not a terrible cream by any means, but I won't be reaching for it on a regular basis.

Jimmy at his best, cracking track, I enjoyed that so thank you for posting :)

Pre: DR Harris coconut shampoo bar, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Vintage Wilkie Super Sword (1)
EDC: DR Harris Arlington

Mining Camp shave.
Got to love the Sticky, another icon from one of our best British designers.

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~ 22nd August Teusday

Prep.....Shower~ Oilve oil soap
Razor....Gem Clog Pruf
Blade....Gem Micromatic SE. NOS
Soap....Saponifico Varesino ~ Stella Alpina
Brush....Razorock Italian flag synth
Post....Skin food by my mate Kevin.
Scent.....Virgin Island water....copy oil from Mr Perfume

I'm loving this razor with this blade, freshly stropped and it is sharp and as smooth as butter, the razor is so easy to shave with so I'm going to get the slightly more agressive open comb version as well.
The SV soap of course was outstanding along with the ever so soft Razorock brush. With all of the above its hard not to get a fantastic shave and to enjoy the shave at the same time.
A few drops of skin food and I'm as smooth as I like to be.....Blademonky Smooth! :)

Wishing you all a lovely day whatever you are doing........:)

Silver 22.08.2017.jpg
© Floid_Maniac

BBS in two smooth passes. Very unfortunate that the Aspen after shave doesn´t last very long. Such a nice scent. Also very sad that Klar Seifenmanufaktur discontinued the production of the Klar Kabinett shaving soap some years ago. For me one of the best soaps ever made to soak thick and strong hair.

This Tuesday´s morning shave was accompanied by some early Blondie songs.

SOTD: 22nd August 2107.
3.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter .

Brush: Chinese Horsehair .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : The Body Shop ~ Maca Root Cream.

Blade: Personna Lab Blue . (2)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000S Adjustable .(settings: 2 wtg, 3 xtg, 4 atg + pick ups.)

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /4711 ~ Cologne Aftershave .

Aloe Vera Gel .

Greetings,

It's been quite a while since i last used the Maca root cream, the lather it created today was absolutely superb..just a small amount is required for a great amount of lather.

Second outing of the Ming shi 2000S,i experimented with the settings again today the verdict.?...Another flawless effortless shave with no errors to report..To be honest i found i didn't really need to take it to the no.4 setting for the last pass + pick ups , as no.3 is the perfect aggression setting for me.

However, if ever do need more aggression i've got it with this razor.

The Personna Lab Blue is a superb blade for the Ming Shi 2000S, non-aggressive but smooth sharp and efficient.

My face is feeling BBS smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Greetings

Monday 22nd August 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 (Brooklyn)
Blade: ER Corrux NOS (15)
Brush: Vie Long / Tuxedo
Cream: Gentleman's Shave Club
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Balenciaga Paris

This blade is actually getting better with continued stroppings on Feox, I suspect there must come a time when the Feox wears away the the little sub-bevel that it seems to have put onto the blades edge but it seems to be a long way in the future. I am frankly rather surprised just how well it keeps going.

This razor is an interesting 1912 it has stamped on the inside of the head GEM Damaskeene Blades whereas true 1912 Damaskeene's have, Use only with Damaskeene Blades, on the inside of their heads, this is a much more modern razor, it does have the old curved top cover without the bevel.

Regards
Dick.

22.8.17.JPG

Back
Top Bottom