Chinese Silvertip Fibre
OSP Barbershop
Rocnel SE-P Open Comb
½ Ladas Super Stainless #1
Alum Wash
Fahrenheit A/S
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter
M8d4i7v.jpg

I only use each ½ blade a maximum of twice and have always had a good shave with the Rocnel, especially the Open Comb. The Barbershop is working out as another OSP success.

Happy Shaves :)

SOTD: 23/08/17
IMG_8916 (2).JPG
Prep: Hot bath with L'Occitaine Cade
Blade: Gem #6
Razor: 1912
Brush: Razorock 400 synth
Dish: Steve woodhead Bowl
Soap: NSS Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
Splash: DR Harris Arlington
Cologne: DR Harris Arlington

I wanted to treat myself today for my birthday and I have had one of the best shaves ever. :)
A special thank you to @Electrif for the 1912. A great PIF mate.
The razor performed its magic with a wonderful 3 pass shave. As smooth as I have been for a long, long time.
May I also take this opportunity to thank @Blademonkey for the Gem blades and introducing me to the fantastic world of vintage razors. :)

First time use of the Aluminium 400 synth courtesy of a prezzie from my parents. Beautifully soft with an amazing backbone. I am so pleased with this.
It truly is an amazing bit of hardware with substantial weight from the solid Aluminium Handle.

The soap as always was sublime. Slickness, Cushion, glide and protection up there with some of the best IMO.
A recent purchase of the WoodHead bowl is creating lather I did not think was possible to achieve. Thank you @Sid James, you are a gentleman.

Finishing off with witch hazel and balm my skin has never felt so good.

DR Harris Arlington created a lovely lemon scent. Feeling fresh and ready for the evening ahead.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words it is truly appreciated. :D

Enjoy your shaves:)
Wayne

SOTD: 23/08/17
View attachment 28307
Prep: Hot bath with L'Occitaine Cade
Blade: Gem #6
Razor: 1912
Brush: Razorock 400 synth
Dish: Steve woodhead Bowl
Soap: NSS Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
Splash: DR Harris Arlington
Cologne: DR Harris Arlington

I wanted to treat myself today for my birthday and I have had one of the best shaves ever. :)
A special thank you to @Electrif for the 1912. A great PIF mate.
The razor performed its magic with a wonderful 3 pass shave. As smooth as I have been for a long, long time.
May I also take this opportunity to thank @Blademonkey for the Gem blades and introducing me to the fantastic world of vintage razors. :)

First time use of the Aluminium 400 synth courtesy of a prezzie from my parents. Beautifully soft with an amazing backbone. I am so pleased with this.
It truly is an amazing bit of hardware with substantial weight from the solid Aluminium Handle.

The soap as always was sublime. Slickness, Cushion, glide and protection up there with some of the best IMO.
A recent purchase of the WoodHead bowl is creating lather I did not think was possible to achieve. Thank you @Sid James, you are a gentleman.

Finishing off with witch hazel and balm my skin has never felt so good.

DR Harris Arlington created a lovely lemon scent. Feeling fresh and ready for the evening ahead.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words it is truly appreciated. :D

Enjoy your shaves:)
Wayne
Happy Birthday,Wayne..The Aluminium 400 synth was a wonderful gift from your parents, each time you use it it'll remind you of them..Enjoy the rest of your special day. Regards.;)

Evening chaps,
After a three day abstention I seriously needed a shave, but I didn't want to use any of my more aggressive razors. So plumped for my Gillette my mate gave me, it had the freebie Ladas blade was still in it which had seen one previous outing.
The p+b Solaris performed handsomely as usual.
Really nice shave,only a two pass but very smooth, absolutely no irritation or nicks. One of the best shaves for a good while, the Ladas blades performance was obviously right up there, to the extent I think I'll get a few in.
Finished off with Stirling's executive man balm, and a bit of Atkinson "triple extract".
Have a good evening.
IMAG1186_1.jpg

And now for something completely different...
I'm not one for looking back or wanting to go back in time but...I would have loved to see Jimi Hendrix live.
Is there a better tv performance? Answers on a postcard...........The answers 'NO' BTW.:cool:

Cheers
Rob[/QUOTE]

Hi Rob,
Great performance by Jimi Hendrix. When me and my mates got into rock back in the 80's Jimi Hendrix was one of the most played in our 6th form common room. Would've been awesome to have seen him live.

Another artist I regret never seeing is Freddie Mercury.

Anyway, I really enjoyed that clip. Thanks for posting! :D

Andy.

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate (6)
Blade: Astra SP (#3)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap: Haslinger Seaweed
AS: Nivea Soothing balm

I had meant to shave with this razor right after the Timeless pass around but got diverted by the arrival of the OneBlade Core v2. The Rockwell 6C really does give a great shave, I preferred plates 4 or 5, but wanted to get closer to the Timeless so plate 6 seemed the way to go. This really is a great razor for the price. The tiny Haslinger soap and the Proraso Boar seemed a bit of mismatch in terms of size but excellent face lathering was easily achieved.

Wed 23rd Aug
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Faena Sandalwood
Ever Ready "Streamline "
Gem PTFE [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Another change of pace, from AC SE to Injector,and now Vintage SE. I cannot compare it with the likes of the Rocnel or Sabre, but after easy Shaves with the AC powered SE and Injector this is one that needs all of your attention.

I find that a fresh blade is good in this Razor, which if you master it delivers a really good close finish. However compared with the Razors I have used lately it is very aggressive, and provides satisfaction when you know you have got it right.

View attachment 28303
Amen to that, Mike.

Back
Top Bottom