Shave of the day Saturday 22nd - Friday 28th July 2017

Impromptu inexpensive shave this morning. Glorious Sears Manchurian not included[emoji4]
959c0587c68c6f6378768a2c48bcf97d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash, bloom water.
Tabac soap.
Maseto 30mm 2 band finest.
Gillette Fatboy (setting 5).
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Tabac Aftershave.

I was up with the Larks this morning for a meeting arranged for silly o'clock. The shave set me up beautifully. Loving the Fatboy, and loving the Tabac. BBS in 3 passes with very minor pick-ups. Superb.

Wednesday's shave.

Pre-shave - Hot shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap (a welcome return), followed by warm water splash and Proraso Pre-shave Cream (Green)
Razor - Rocnel SE-G.
Blade - GEM SS (day 5).
Soap - Proraso Shaving Cream (Green).
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Plastic" Shave, followed by Proraso Eucalyptus Refreshing After Shave Balm.

@Blademonkey - tagging you to give an update on the Rocnel.

Forgive me shaving gods, for I have sinned - I had run out of Proraso Aftershave Splash (Green), which is usually a stock item in my den. I wanted to Proraso Green shave today, and was gutted and surprised that I had run out of splash and not restocked.

Today's shave was close to a belter, 2 passes, baby smooth, very slight irritation on a small part of my jaw line (from the second pass, which was XTG) - no real issues. I am getting more consistency with the shave angle on the Rocnel. Possibly more by luck than by design. I would like to understand more about the angles on a Gem - the variances of these in relation to finding a sweet spot.

IMG_0859.JPG
All the best,

Chris

~ S.O.T.D ~
Pre ~ Shower / Hot Towel
Razor ~ Rockwell 2C
Blade ~ Rockwell Swedish Stainless Steel
Brush ~ Simpsons Commodore X3
Soap ~ Molton Brown
Post ~ Floid Black Aftershave
150107202779494[1].jpg
Another great shave with the Rockwell razor with a Rockwell blade this time they are good blades sharp and smooth they feel a lot like the personna platinum chrome , I was going to use razorocks the stallion today but my molton brown got delivered this morning and I wanted to try it , the soap fit perfect in a wooden bowl I had of the captain fawcett shaving soap , the molton brown soap smells lovely and preformed great its definitely up there with the best soaps iv tried , I finished my shave of with a couple of splashes of floid so I'm super smooth and I smell great :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom