Shave of the day Saturday 22nd - Friday 28th July 2017

art-deco-001c-c008216e-2a1a-4430-bfc4-d03f991168e9.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD: 27th July 2017.
4d.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien ~ Coconut Sheabutter Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Nivea Men ~ 'Originals' Cream.

Blade: Sputnik.(2)

Razor: Merkur 39C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase Aftershave lotion.

Nivea Men~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Third outing of the Merkur 39c resulting in another magnificent 3 pass + pick ups flawless shave, with no errors to report.

The Merkur 39C/Sputnik blade paired together excellently.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Nivea Men 2 Phase A/S, this stuff is so good for your skin.;)

My face is feeling silky smooth cool, & smelling devine.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday

Olive Oil soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
MWF Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Blackland Sabre with a GEM SS blade (#1)
Witch Hazel
Rosehip Oil
Molecule 01 ISO E Super

The inaugural shave with the Sabre. WOW!! Very smooth and safe feeling with incredibly efficient results. The razor even managed to deal with the difficult areas on my neck without further work. I had a three pass BBS shave but could have stopped with two!

First use of the ISO E Super. There was a nice hit initially and then it seemed to disappear....but I believe that is normal with this fragrance.

Last day at work this week...so a nice long weekend to look forward to

Prep: warm water splash
Razor: Hydro 5 (5)
Brush: Simpsons chubby Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green
Hair: Jack and Dean Eau De Portugal

A bit meh today, the Proraso really didn't do anything for me. Besides not feeling the menthol hit or being totally on board with the smell it was just average, with a little roughness at the end. maybe it'll get one more go then it'll go for trades.

Just the MWF to try now and out of 5 creams/soaps tried so far it pretty good to only have one I didn't enjoy.

Thursday

Olive Oil soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
MWF Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Blackland Sabre with a GEM SS blade (#1)
Witch Hazel
Rosehip Oil
Molecule 01 ISO E Super

The inaugural shave with the Sabre. WOW!! Very smooth and safe feeling with incredibly efficient results. The razor even managed to deal with the difficult areas on my neck without further work. I had a three pass BBS shave but could have stopped with two!

First use of the ISO E Super. There was a nice hit initially and then it seemed to disappear....but I believe that is normal with this fragrance.

Last day at work this week...so a nice long weekend to look forward to
I bet your well chuffed with the Sabre, nice one! :)

Thur 27th July

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Faena Sandalwood
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline P [ 7 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

On my 7th consecutive Shave with the Mongoose :). A friend seem surprised that I was using it as a Daily Razor, having read it was aggressive and prone to causing soreness/ irritation if used frequently. So far apart from a mega cut sustained due to my inattention, all shaves with it have been smooth and comfortable with a great all round close finish. I have suffered no soreness/irritation post shave. Since my early days of Shaving with Vintage SE Razors I have been lucky not to have suffered many such problems.

Todays Shave was as usual very easy, but tempted by the Rich Lather from the Faena was tempted to do extra polishing up work, which resulted in what I assume can only be described as BBS/Dolphin Smooth. I am normally happy to say Face Stroking, but todays Shave results were exceptional.I am really glad that I got hold of this fairly rare Razor.

IMG_1436.jpg

Thursday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Hot shower, Aloe Vera soap, followed by warm water splash and Village Barbour Pre-Shave Oil.
Razor - Rocnel SE-G.
Blade - GEM SS (day 6).
Soap - OSP Sicilian Lemon Grove Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol Agua de Limon After Shave Lotion, followed by Ibiza Aloe Aloe Vera Gell.
EDT - Hierbas de Ibiza

@Blademonkey - tagging you to give an update on how I'm getting on with the Rocnel GEM.

A lemon and Ibiza themed shave this morning :)

I played around with the angle on the Rocnel GEM a little more today, keeping the head of the razor, closest to the blade, reasonably flush with my skin. Good results - first time using the Rocnel GEM with no post shave irritation.

A 2 pass shave - WTG, followed by ATG on the face and XTG on the neck. I needed small touch ups today, possibly due to day 6 with the GEM blade. The blade still has a good feel - no tugging. Skin feels BBS, clean and relaxed (no tightness).

For me, I feel that the Rocnel GEM can be used as a daily razor. I have seen some comments on the web indicating that this may be a go to razor when there is 3 - 4 days growth to be dealt with. I still feel unsure about the angles and how to get the optimum angle consistently, with the slight curve in the razor's face. Any tips - feedback would be appreciated.

The OSP lemon shaving cream, combined with the lemon Myrsol was an excellent combination - I appreciate that YMMV. If you can get hold of the Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gell, I would highly recommend doing so. This stuff is the best Aloe Vera gell that I have come across, it almost disappears into the skin.

I am going to try and make some time this weekend to put up some decent pictures of the Rocnel.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD 20170727

4nlfryj.jpg

Maison du savon de Marseille "Fleur d'oranger"
J&T® bamboo / Tuxedo.
Jabones by Luna "Azahar".
Colonial Razors "The General".
Feather Artist Club Pro Super (3).
Cella after shave lotion.

Started with a matching bathsoap (Fleur d'oranger = Azahar = Orange blossom)
The shaving soap has a wonderful scent, makes an excellent lather and is stored
in a nice big tin. ;)

Thur 27th July

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Faena Sandalwood
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline P [ 7 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

On my 7th consecutive Shave with the Mongoose :). A friend seem surprised that I was using it as a Daily Razor, having read it was aggressive and prone to causing soreness/ irritation if used frequently. So far apart from a mega cut sustained due to my inattention, all shaves with it have been smooth and comfortable with a great all round close finish. I have suffered no soreness/irritation post shave. Since my early days of Shaving with Vintage SE Razors I have been lucky not to have suffered many such problems.

Todays Shave was as usual very easy, but tempted by the Rich Lather from the Faena was tempted to do extra polishing up work, which resulted in what I assume can only be described as BBS/Dolphin Smooth. I am normally happy to say Face Stroking, but todays Shave results were exceptional.I am really glad that I got hold of this fairly rare Razor.

View attachment 27469
My first SE was going to be a batch three Mongoose (one of the first of the batch) but when I received it I noticed a couple of gouge marks on the back surface and the bottom plate was warped so I sent it back for a replacement only to be told I would have to be put on a waiting list!
Money back please! QC was not their strongest point at that particular time, a shame because if they had paid more attention to detail I too would have a B3 Mongoose :)

Thursday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Hot shower, Aloe Vera soap, followed by warm water splash and Village Barbour Pre-Shave Oil.
Razor - Rocnel SE-G.
Blade - GEM SS (day 6).
Soap - OSP Sicilian Lemon Grove Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol Agua de Limon After Shave Lotion, followed by Ibiza Aloe Aloe Vera Gell.
EDT - Hierbas de Ibiza

@Blademonkey - tagging you to give an update on how I'm getting on with the Rocnel GEM.

A lemon and Ibiza themed shave this morning :)

I played around with the angle on the Rocnel GEM a little more today, keeping the head of the razor, closest to the blade, reasonably flush with my skin. Good results - first time using the Rocnel GEM with no post shave irritation.

A 2 pass shave - WTG, followed by ATG on the face and XTG on the neck. I needed small touch ups today, possibly due to day 6 with the GEM blade. The blade still has a good feel - no tugging. Skin feels BBS, clean and relaxed (no tightness).

For me, I feel that the Rocnel GEM can be used as a daily razor. I have seen some comments on the web indicating that this may be a go to razor when there is 3 - 4 days growth to be dealt with. I still feel unsure about the angles and how to get the optimum angle consistently, with the slight curve in the razor's face. Any tips - feedback would be appreciated.

The OSP lemon shaving cream, combined with the lemon Myrsol was an excellent combination - I appreciate that YMMV. If you can get hold of the Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gell, I would highly recommend doing so. This stuff is the best Aloe Vera gell that I have come across, it almost disappears into the skin.

I am going to try and make some time this weekend to put up some decent pictures of the Rocnel.

All the best,

Chris
Thanks Chris, some decent pictures would be great :) thanks also for the tags , nice one. Paul.

My first SE was going to be a batch three Mongoose (one of the first of the batch) but when I received it I noticed a couple of gouge marks on the back surface and the bottom plate was warped so I sent it back for a replacement only to be told I would have to be put on a waiting list!
Money back please! QC was not their strongest point at that particular time, a shame because if they had paid more attention to detail I too would have a B3 Mongoose :)
Hi Paul,
Sorry to hear that,as it is an excellent Razor. Suits me a lot more than the Brass General. Have used it for 7 days on the trot, with great results.
Mike B

Hi Paul,
Sorry to hear that,as it is an excellent Razor. Suits me a lot more than the Brass General. Have used it for 7 days on the trot, with great results.
Mike B
Yes it was a shame but the company was quite new still and they didn't seem to have everything right, sending stuff out the door unchecked is just not good enough and when I told them so they just gave me a curt reply and refunded me, that was the end of my dealings with Mongoose.
I'm sure when you get a good one they are very good and I'm happy you are liking yours so much. P.

Back
Top Bottom