Prep....long hot shower~ MWF soap
Razor....Rolls. Made in England
Blade....Rolls hollow ground Sheffield Steel
Brush....Brad Sears~ Gonzo
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Soap....DR Harris ~Winsor
Post....BBA PS Balm, Jojoba oil
Scent....English Lavender cologne ~ Norfork Lavender Co

Good prep, good lather, sharp blade and a little practice will produce a good shave and today was no exception. BBS without any irritation.
I love this razor, it's up there with my 1912 being as one of my favourite vintage razors, an absolute joy to use.
Post shave ritual followed by a liberal body spray of Lavender Cologne.
Wishing one and all a great Friday.......:)

Last edited:
Date: 28 July 2017 is nearly 6:30am in West of London, I'm having a rest and a quiet time strolling around London checking out some good restaurants for dinner tonight ;)
UzTgXaD.png

Last night;

IMG_4916.jpg

Maiden voyage with my 1912, coupled with a Gem super carbon or similar (courtesy of @mpf9ret ) blade. A very different experience to some of my other razors. Far flatter angle (as I was forewarned) and a good amount of audio and visual feedback when that angle was spot on. Unfortunately, I didn't get quite as close as I should have in places and in others I'm looking a tad raw. I'm putting this down to user experience with such a razor but I can see why some would use these religiously.

I'll persevere with this one for my next few shaves and see how I get on. I'm anticipating a marked improvement next time!

Did I mention I love Lemon Chill?

Onto the next one, chaps!

Fri 28th July

Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active
Mongoose B3
Feather Pro [ 1 ]
Alum rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Having had 7 shaves with the Mongoose/Proline I decided it was time to try the Mongoose with its historic pairing- the Feather Pro.

I was a bit wary of using this blade,as a few had found it to be a bit aggressive and able to inflict a bit of damage to new users. The shave was smooth, but I did not push the razor too much and though the
finished Shave was good, I felt more at ease with it when fitted with a Proline. A few more shaves will
probably make a difference

IMG_1437.jpg

Last night;

IMG_4916.jpg

Maiden voyage with my 1912, coupled with a Gem super carbon or similar (courtesy of @mpf9ret ) blade. A very different experience to some of my other razors. Far flatter angle (as I was forewarned) and a good amount of audio and visual feedback when that angle was spot on. Unfortunately, I didn't get quite as close as I should have in places and in others I'm looking a tad raw. I'm putting this down to user experience with such a razor but I can see why some would use these religiously.

I'll persevere with this one for my next few shaves and see how I get on. I'm anticipating a marked improvement next time!

Hi Ben,
Read up on the Fergiebllly Shim as advised, good luck.
Mike B

Friday

Olive Oil Soap and Man Cave Facial Scrub
3P Preshave cream
L'Occitane en Provence Cade Soap
Vulfix Grosvenor Badger/Boar Brush
Supply SE with a Personna blade (#1)
Alum Block and rinse
Arko Classic Yagh Krem
Pinaud Lime Sec AS

The one issue I have with this razor is the blade loading. After a couple of strokes with a Proline I binned it and installed a Personna. (Removed the plate and installed manually). Chalk and cheese......I appear to damage the edge either loading a cassette or loading the actual razor. I hope the latter as otherwise I have trashed 20 Proline-Bs. With the new manually loaded blade I had a super smooth 3 pass BBS shave.

Enjoy your weekend. Barring emergencies I am off until Monday:D

star-01-c107281e-53bc-4657-aab0-9a3eceed5edf.jpg

Today was the first time that I used the Polsiver Super Iridium. It is a good and smooth blade but for my taste its sharpness plays in the same league like the shark by Lord or the personna red. It is a very good DE beginner blade. I will give it tomorrow a second try. The Brummel aftershave`s scent is hardly to describe. I don´t know any other scent similar to it. It is a clean scent with a herbal note in it. This after shave lotion is not overwhelming. You can wear it as silent companion at your workplace without disturbing other`s noses around you. I like it very much.

Last edited:
Last night;

IMG_4916.jpg

Stick with it @Benz3ne. They're great razors, imo.

Back
Top Bottom