Shave of the day, Saturday 8th- Friday 14th April 2017

Razor ,, ATT SE1 Atlas
Blade ,, Feather pro (lost count )
Brush ,, SOC boar
Soap ,, OSP orange & patchouli
Post ,, Lucky tiger , Dove ASB
A/S ,, Floid vigoroso
20170410_213320.jpg
The OSP lathered up with ease , nice and slick with a lovely scent.The SE1 is wand like as the shaves it produces are magical,abracadabra and the whiskers have vanished.
As the late Tommy Cooper said " just like that ".

ENJOY YOUR DAY GENTLEMEN

SOTD:11th April 2017.
View attachment 24587
ONE YEAR Anniversary of being a TSR member and a DE Wet-Shaver!

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower/Sanex Men -Body & Face Shower Lotion/Warm wet flannel to my face.

pre: Wilkinson Fruits:Ruhbarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Soap: Grated Palmoilive Shave Sticks.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword 'Saloon Pack'(0)

Razor: Parker 24C.

Warm wet Flannel/Cold Wet Flannel to rinse my face.

Post: Lavender Oil &Witch Hazel mixture/Alcolado Glacial Splash Lotion.

Gillette:A/S Balm.

Greetings,
Today is my first year into DE wet shaving, over the year i can honestly say i've had no doubt's what so ever of going back to the Cartridge/disposable razor way of shaving.on certain occasions, i still use my Gillette Guard as a travel razor, but i now know for certain that DE wet shaving gives you sublime shaving results if you stick at it...and don't mind spending a fortune!:p

Over the year i found out which products are suited to me, i have to be honest and say i've been quite lucky on all the soaps & creams that i've purchased they haven't caused me any problems with irritation to skin,resulting in making my face look like a baboon's arse!.. not yet anyway.
Back to my Anniversary shave..i've used Palmolive Shave sticks as my choice of soap, not because it's cheap and ready available on the high street,no because for it's price i've yet to find a soap that performance slickness & protection + post shave feeling to match it..today shave as always it provided me with a 3 pass+ pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors
to report.
I'ts been a pleasure been a member of TSR over the past year, the knowledge of which i've learn't from the forum has been second to non..i will carry on with my 2 bob's worth of shaving topic contributions in th next coming year.
Cheers. Barry.
Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Nice post PF and congrats on making it through your first year DE shaving unscathed mate;)

Tuesday Morning:

Henckels 6/8.
Fine Platinum soap.
Razorock synth.
Boots witch hazel.
Fine Platinum a/s.

Snapseed.jpg

Feeling somewhat confident after my shave yesterday, I thought I'd revisit the 'every-day shave' by having one circa 24-hours after the last. It went well, I'd say. I think my skin prefers a longer wait, so I'll give it just that herein! I picked up a couple of weepers for the first time in a while, and a little bit of redness, but nothing that some newly-acquired witch hazel and a healthy dose of stingy, fragrant aftershave couldn't remedy. There are still a couple of problem areas causing, well, problems, but I'm buttery smooth in most places and feeling pretty fresh! I think a 48-hour gap would be the perfect hiatus between shaves. This did beg the question, does your skin become more resilient after some time wet-shaving? When I first started, I'd never have dreamed of two subsequent shaves without making my neck/cheeks a raw, bloody mess. I understand that's partly due to technique, but the same rings true up until very recently. It seems that with each successive, successful shave I have less redness, less rawness and a closer shave.

This full-hollow singer is an absolute beauty. It makes my task simple. The Fine soap gave me more than adequate protection and, if I'm honest, I could use this set-up herein without any quibble or qualm. That being said, my Maseto brush was apparently dispatched today so I have that to look forward to. On the flip-side, there are a number of soaps/creams etc. I'm not anywhere near to using/trying so I may have to whittle down my 'stash' to a more suitable number! Keep your eyes peeled, folks. ;)

Happy Tuesday, one and all!

SOTD 20170411

qe6boFC.jpg

Brush: Cadman with finest knot (24 mm - loft 50 mm).
Shaving soap: Tcheon Fung Sing "Tabacco Verde Forte".
Razor: Blackland "Blackbird" OC with long (101 mm) handle.
Blade: Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel (6).
After shave: Tcheon Fung Sing "Tabacco Verde Forte" ASB.

Lovely scent, that Tabacco Verde.

Very smooth with the Blackbird !

Have a nice day, gentlemen ! ;)

Tuesday's shave

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap and Proraso (Green) Eucalyptus & Menthol Pre And Post Shave Cream.
Razor - Hone 15.
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (day 1).
Soap - Proraso (Green) Classic Shaving Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - OSP Aftershave Tonic - Eucalyptus and Menthol followed by L'Occtitane Cedrat After Shave Cream Gel.

A nice 2 pass shave with the Hone. It was good to use the Proraso pre shave and shaving cream again, its been a few weeks.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD:11th April 2017.
View attachment 24587
ONE YEAR Anniversary of being a TSR member and a DE Wet-Shaver!

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower/Sanex Men -Body & Face Shower Lotion/Warm wet flannel to my face.

pre: Wilkinson Fruits:Ruhbarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Soap: Grated Palmoilive Shave Sticks.

Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword 'Saloon Pack'(0)

Razor: Parker 24C.

Warm wet Flannel/Cold Wet Flannel to rinse my face.

Post: Lavender Oil &Witch Hazel mixture/Alcolado Glacial Splash Lotion.

Gillette:A/S Balm.

Greetings,
Today is my first year into DE wet shaving, over the year i can honestly say i've had no doubt's what so ever of going back to the Cartridge/disposable razor way of shaving.on certain occasions, i still use my Gillette Guard as a travel razor, but i now know for certain that DE wet shaving gives you sublime shaving results if you stick at it...and don't mind spending a fortune!:p

Over the year i found out which products are suited to me, i have to be honest and say i've been quite lucky on all the soaps & creams that i've purchased they haven't caused me any problems with irritation to skin,resulting in making my face look like a baboon's arse!.. not yet anyway.
Back to my Anniversary shave..i've used Palmolive Shave sticks as my choice of soap, not because it's cheap and ready available on the high street,no because for it's price i've yet to find a soap that has a performance slickness & protection + post shave feeling to match it..today's shave as always it provided a wonderful lather. resulting in a 3 pass+ pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors
to report.
I'ts been a pleasure been a member of TSR over the past year, the knowledge of which i've learn't from the forum has been second to non..i will carry on with my 2 bob's worth of shaving topic contributions in th next coming year.
Cheers. Barry.
Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Happy shaving anniversary! Hope next year is just as good!

2ynko68.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Razor: Gillette Black Handled Flare Tip Super SuperSpeed 'A4' w/ Rapira Super Stainless
Soap: Haslinger Schafsmilch
Post: Thayers Rose Witch Hazel & Nivea Men Moisturising Cream

A wonderful shave today, first use of the Haslinger in many months, really good soap this very similar to Mitchells, perhaps even shades it slightly (IMO). A rare face lather today and the Americana did an excellent job, still a little scritch to it but nothing unpleasant. First use of a Super Speed in many years, quite a nice shaver and very happy with it, in great condition. I believe it to be a fairly uncommon razor being A4 and 1980. Closest I can get to a birth year razor perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom