Thursday 14th SEptember 2017

sotd 14 sept.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: GEM Featherweight
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (#2)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: OSMA
AS: Proraso Aloe Vera balm (Blue)

Cracking shave this morning, the Featherweight needs 3 passes but almost got away with 2. The OSMA soap is a mixed bag, I had to reload after the 1st pass as the lather in the brush seemed to fade, but the lather seemed to last fine on the face, odd. So while it is not up there with the great soaps the post shave feel was great, even before applying balm my skin felt great. The soap does not have a great smell, just kind of soapy but not strong and the small pot and puck size makes lathering a bit awkward, that is why I picked the Semogue as it was small enough. Using a brush like my Maseto 30mm would have been comical.

Evening shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
MWF.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic.
Little Wren Pottery.
Timeless .68 Scalloped Bar (on loan).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Fine L'Orange Noir Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

The Timeless is a much milder razor with the .68 bar (compared to the .95),obviously I suppose, but still marvellously efficient. What with the MWF, this was one smooth shave. It's the .95 Open Comb next, so wish me luck!

Boudica came very close to kicking to Romans out of Britain. For Caledonia's experience of the Romans this is an excellent documentary.

I noticed your mention of the Romans in Scotland recently - earlier this year I walked along a section of the Antonine wall at dawn, up to Bar Hill fort. It was a beautiful morning but bitterly cold. As you sat at the top taking in the impressive view - you couldn't help but imagine a couple of freezing, pissed off Legionaries doing the night watch. Probably from somewhere much warmer thinking 'where did it all go wrong?' - 'My mum said I'd be in the Praetorian guard if I tried hard.' - then they end up at the edge of nowhere. Happy holiday - cheers - I.

I noticed your mention of the Romans in Scotland recently - earlier this year I walked along a section of the Antonine wall at dawn, up to Bar Hill fort. It was a beautiful morning but bitterly cold. As you sat at the top taking in the impressive view - you couldn't help but imagine a couple of freezing, pissed off Legionaries doing the night watch. Probably from somewhere much warmer thinking 'where did it all go wrong?' - 'My mum said I'd be in the Praetorian guard if I tried hard.' - then they end up at the edge of nowhere. Happy holiday - cheers - I.
Thanks mate! :)

Being stationed at the Antonine Wall must've seemed like being sent to the edge of the world. They only stayed for about 20 years. Problems elsewhere in the empire apparently - again. Personally, I don't think they could handle the weather! ;)

20170914_215102-1685x2248.jpg
Same as the rest of this month's setup, butttt..... I may have tried Taylors Avocado cream from a sampler instead of their sandalwood :)

Great shave again. Really feel like I'm getting the hang of it now. A couple of shaves in the bag with no nicks or weepers.

On a side note, how much lather does TOBS avocado make?!?! With my Omega pro49 I have enough left to shave again. comments on lather welcome. I'm still just kinda hoping I'm doing it right.

20170914_215157-1859x2478.jpg

Razor: Alumigoose w/ Custom made Aluminum Handle Britain
Blade: KAI Captain Titan (7)
Brush: DFS LE Nathan Clark Envy White Handle Aluminum Color, Anodized Dark Bronze. #41/150
Soap: Reef Point Soap Admiralty
A/S: Lucky Tiger, Old Spice
Decanter: Old Spice Ship's Magic 1989 ID #3350
Bowl: TDG Maple\Cherry Ribbed #8

Thus ends my week with this razor, blade, brush, and soap. It has been everything I could have asked for in a good shave. The Ship Magic commemorative flask was sold from 1989 to 1991 and held 6 ounces of after shave. The canteen shaped bottle celebrates the Ship Magic, the winner of the first America's Cup race. Really not sure if this is true or not, but it is a good story.

14 09 17.jpg

Back of Bottle
14 09 17a.jpg

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 15th September Friday

I was up early this morning hoping a hot shower would ease my pain in my left shoulder along with some heavy duty pain killers so I thought what the hell I may as well get my shave in now I'm properly hydrated!

Razor....Cobra Classic
Blade....Schick Proline P-20/30
Soap....L' Occitane ~ Cade
Brush....Zennith Boar B-26
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Amber Absoloute Tom Ford copy oil from Mr Perfume.

This is my fourth shave with the Cobra that was kindly loanded to me by @culcreuch and I am still loving every moment of it, today's shave didn't let me down and nor am I getting bored by using the same razor day after day, the only other razor that had that kind of hold over me was the Blackland Sabre so this razor has something special going on!
The L' Occtane Cade Sosp was outstanding in both scent and proformance and has one of the best soap dishes ever! :).
Once whipped up to a creamy lather in Little Wren pottery lathering bowl I was ready for another shave from this fab razor and blade combo, it didn't dissapoint at all, yet again I was left BB smooth with little effot and left with not only silky smooth skin but zero irritation .
I applied some BBA PSB not because my skin needed it because of the shave but the cooler weather is almost on top of us and I do like to take care of my skin especaly during the colder months.
I finnished with a light application of the wonderful Amber Absolute perfume oil and I am looking and smelling great! :)

Wishing you all a fab Friday but let's be carefull out there people whatever you're doing........:)

Last edited:
Something missing for me in last night's shave. Could be the blade fading.
f6460fe4376667c74a26cfe3e4894123.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

View attachment 29057 ~SOTD~ 15th September Friday

I was up early this morning hoping a hot shower would ease my pain in my left shoulder along with some heavy duty pain killers so I thought what the hell I may as well get my shave in now I'm properly hydrated!

Razor....Cobra Classic
Blade....Schick Proline P-20/30
Soap....L' Occitane ~ Cade
Brush....Zennith Boar B-26
Bowl....Little Wren Pottery
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Amber Absoloute Tom Ford copy oil from Mr Perfume.

This is my fourth shave with the Cobra that was kindly loanded to me by @culcreuch and I am still loving every moment of it, today's shave didn't let me down and nor am I getting bored by using the same razor day after day, the only other razor that had that kind of hold over me was the Blackland Sabre so this razor has something special going on!
The L' Occtane Cade Sosp was outstanding in both scent and proformance and has one of the best soap dishes ever! :).
Once whipped up to a creamy lather in Little Wren pottery lathering bowl I was ready for another shave from this fab razor and blade combo, it didn't dissapoint at all, yet again I was left BB smooth with little effot and left with not only silky smooth skin but zero irritation .
I applied some BBA PSB not because my skin needed it because of the shave but the cooler weather is almost on top of us and I do like to take care of my skin especaly during the colder months.
I finnished with a light application of the wonderful Amber Absolute perfume oil and I am looking and smelling great! :)

Wishing you all a fab Friday but let's be carefull out there people whatever you're doing........:)

Nice photo Paul,speedy recovery mate :)

Back
Top Bottom