Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 16th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 10-22-10. MUSIC: Rod Stewart_LP Atlantic Crossing (1975).

Mysore Sandal Soap - Simpson Persian Jar 2 Two Bands - Gillette English Aristocrat #58 - Treet Dura Sharp #1 - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Yardley of London Ice + ASB Truefitt & Hill classic.

Afeitado22-10-10002.jpg

Sub £1 shaving oil from Morrisons, Palmolive Cream, Vulfix 404 Pure Bristle Brush, Gillette Slim Adjustable, New Gillette 7 o Clock Yellow blade, Boots own brand Freshwood Balm.

First proper use of the slim (been using fatboy mostly) this morning.

Set it at 5 and left it at that. 3 passes and the touch-ups to finish.
Cold water rinse
Boots Freshwood Balm.
Lovely.

DFS, BBS in parts.

Nice.

(I think I might be preferring the slim to the fatboy for a while following this morning's shave adventure)

Friday

Shulton pre-shave lotion
Feather Popular
Feather x 1
Omega 49
Culmaks soap
Alum
Boots Freshwood asb

tried the Feather blades a long time ago and didn't like them, but it worked very well in the Popular
could be me, or could be a better combo with a mild razor
the Alu Tech will tell next time out

Kevin said:
Joe Mcclaine posted at 5.53am whot the f****.

Good Morning Vinny

Kevin

Afternoon.

I'm what many would call a morning person. Up at 0400, out running by 0430 followed by some Indian Club swinging, then a cold bath, shave, work.

There aren't many posts made by Vinny after 9pm.

Friday, 10.22.10

Aura Glow as a Pre Shave Oil and to touch the Netherworld
MEM w/Olive Oil Shave Cream
New Forest #2201 2-band Badger
Geneva Cutlery Ontario square point
SRD Premium I Strop ... 35 Linen/70 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Vi-John (Dollar Store) Spice AS

Great shave today, and the second photo is a new arrival soon to be featured at a SOTD near you!

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

Two very attractive razors today, BlacknTan, and the same goes for du212.

Some catching up to do:
Wednesday

Neo boxwood best badger
Dovo 1516 5/8 round point

Cella
Taylor's sandalwood aftershave.

About as reliable a combination as any I can think of: that was meant to be a stress free, guaranteed result without hassle sort of shave, and so it was.

Thursday

New Forest 2201 two band
Electric Razor Co. Hamburg Ring 13/16 round point

Nanny's lavender soft soap
Musgo Real Classic aftershave

I'm a happy, sweet smelling bunny who's well supplied with Musgo splash and the oakmoss no. 2 cologne, thanks to Professor Blighty. Also gratifying is the transformation in the performance of the Hamburg Ring following some minimal honing which is now shaving under it's own not inconsiderable weight as it should do. Still has the handling properties of a cricket bat, mind you. That was very good indeed, well above average.

joe mcclaine said:
Kevin said:
Joe Mcclaine posted at 5.53am whot the f****.

Good Morning Vinny

Kevin

Afternoon.

I'm what many would call a morning person. Up at 0400, out running by 0430 followed by some Indian Club swinging, then a cold bath, shave, work.

There aren't many posts made by Vinny after 9pm.

Watch out running at that time. I remember once getting stopped by a police car when running at 4.30 am in the Forest. "May I ask what you are doing Sir?" said he. " Going for a bloody run, what do think I'm doing?" said Fido. I hate anyone interrupting me while I'm running. He didn't say any more. Just drove off.

Friday evening

Hot shower
Proraso pre
Erasmic cream
S.O.C
Iridium (2)
Fatboy (1)
AV AS

Two passes, N-S and S-N with the FB on 1. Very easy shave and surprisingly close, finished off with the parma violet scented AV - very relaxing after a long Friday ;)

Friday Night:

• - Gillette Minora English-made, 3-Piece in red Bakelite with metal cap
    - Astra Superior stainless steel blade
    - NewFor 2201 Urban Ninja
    - Old Spice Fresh Lime shave cream
    - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
    - Freedom ASC by Svoboda[/list:u]

Friday Night:

Prep
NutriMenC REveal Exfoliating Wash

Feather Portable
Astra SP
Bodger 404
Mama Bear's Bay Rum soap
Alum
NutriMenC REstoring Toner
Aqua Velva A/S

Loving the FP and Astra combo – am seriously considering pulling the trigger on a bulk-buy of the blades, but I still have so many to try from my sample pack. Easily the best shave I have had thus far; I think this is the first time that I have managed to tame my neck – it feels properly smooth, like I haven't missed anything. All this without the usual shower prep. Not bad!

It's two months to the day since I started this whole thing, and I now have quite the stash thanks to the help of you guys and the stuff I have read on here – it's been quite a journey, so thanks!

Things to do

I'm still angling for a Cologne, and I'd like to add at least one extra brush and another razor or two. I have gone from forcing myself to shave once in a while to shaving virtually every day – it's surprising how quickly you want to monkey around a little with the tools you're using. Variety and all that.

Just have to get through the next week or so – that will determine my expenditure. Life, eh?

Have a great weekend, y'all.

Lipsy

Friday

5/8 J Gleave & Son Hollow Ground
Erasmic stick (abandoned & thrown in the bin)
RSC Shave2 Double-concentrated cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Distilled Witch Hazel
Prof Blighty's Olde Mulberry cologne

Remembered the (non-tallow) Erasmic stick at the back of the cabinet that I'd tried once & failed to get a lather from, so thought I'd give it a spin again and face-lather with the Commodore. Got a thick lather, but within seconds it vanished. Tried again & added more soap to my face & the brush. Same thing happened - what looked like a thick lather thinned & vanished before I'd finished a WTG pass down the first side of my face. That was enough for me - the stick went into the bin & I brought out the RSC cream. The side I shaved with the Erasmic is now rather blotchy & stingy hours later, so I doubt I'll be shaving tomorrow morning; best to let the irritation heal.

Sorry too hear about that, it is a commonly recurring sound though....

I do not get along with the new tallow Erasmic stick either. The later is just too weak for my liking. It does not disappear, what does appear just dont got it for me. Bit of a bugger as the scent is not bad at all.

Slow Shaving said:
Friday, 10-22-10. MUSIC: Rod Stewart_LP Atlantic Crossing (1975).

Mysore Sandal Soap - Simpson Persian Jar 2 Two Bands - Gillette English Aristocrat #58 - Treet Dura Sharp #1 - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Yardley of London Ice + ASB Truefitt & Hill classic.

Afeitado22-10-10002.jpg

Hi Slow, how do you find the Treets in the #58?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom