Shave of the day W/C Saturday 16th of July

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1959 Fatboy/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP

Tried a new to me Fatboy today.....yep, found this one in the wild yesterday. Figured I should at least give it a try, since not all Fatboys shave the same.

Some of you may know the Fatboy's (Executive actually, but the same basic design) my favorite razor, and I have my go to one and a back up in the arsenal. These are the ones I found to be a perfect fit, and they are considered off limits when it comes to ever selling em. I run into Fatboys occasionally and will usually turn em over pretty quick.

This razor I used today is one I'm gonna have to keep........it's that wonderful. Cleaned up extremely well and shows almost no signs of wear, plus the damn thing shaves me as well as any razor I've tried.

Now the crazy thing about this razor is it's got the same E4 date as those other two keepers. I can't tell you how many Fatboys I've used over the years (30-40 maybe?), and almost all of em have been very good. There's been a couple though...well sometimes it's sorta magical. Weird that this particular production run date seems to have a tiny tweak that the others don't.

This was a BBS shave, accomplished in extreme comfort,

Martin

RE: Saturday

Mikael said:
Nice one K! Just pulling your leg :p Filis are nice shavers, but I sometimes think they´ve got a better rep than they deserve, actually. They´re very easy to shave with and very easy to get an edge on and I think those two facts (in my mind) are behind Filis glory... :s
EDITED: They also have got very good steel, but there are many high end blades out there that has as good (or even better) steel.

Thank you Mikael. I know, there are better steels out there, but somehow it felt nice, very nice. When you enjoy something you tend to praise it, you know how it goes...

Hot towel
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
T & H West Indian Limes whipped up in Le Crueset dish (nice)
Merkur 34C
Gillette 7 o'clock.
Nivea ASB
Old Spice AS

This was the first time I have shaved on consecutive days under the new regime, and I must say, it's gone brilliantly.

Must be getting used to this!

Saturday
Irisch Moos SS/Muhle R89 with Treet Classic/Simpson Duke 2 brush/Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad Balsam
P1220343-1.jpg

RE: Saturday

N_Architect said:
Thank you Mikael. I know, there are better steels out there, but somehow it felt nice, very nice. When you enjoy something you tend to praise it, you know how it goes...

Ohh, please don´t get me wrong Konstantinos! It was just a reflection and certainly not a critic of either your joy or razor. A lot of people, with a lot of more experience than I, swear by them. It is a very nice razor and I´m on the look out for two very special ones, besides the one DT I´ve allready got - I´m such a sucker :D

Saturday Night:

• - Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
    - Gem SE stainless steel blade
    - Kalina Everest shave cream
    - Vie Long 12705natural horsehair
    - Thayers' Superhazel witch hazel
    - Kalina Everest ASC

Sunday

EJ DE89
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Floid Blue a/s

The DE89 is a very nice razor. I'm slowly weaning a/s splashes back in, and so far, so good.

Ian

6icg85.jpg

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: Rooney Finest
Razor: Klas Tornblum 5/8 (Neil Miller palmwood scales)
Strop: Old Traditional
Soap: Coates Ltd
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek large
A/S splash: Weleda lotion
A/S balm: Melvita
Moisturizer: -
Cologne: -
Comments: Lovely lightweight hollow blade

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chubby 3
Razors: Les tres Croix + Aristocrat for the dome (Gillette Blue)
Soaps: Cella + Dr Harris Almond
AS: Laura Bigiotto ROMA
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean face :D

Wow, this blade is super thin (thinnest grind I´ve got) and super sharp/smooth and it´s just perfect! :D
006800x549.jpg

Sunday

Sprock 6/8 - NF2213 - GFT Sandalwood - Alum - Givenchy Gentleman AS
jipbw6.jpg

Off to my niece's Christening, its nice to look and smell ones best on such occasions!

Sunday 07-17-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran Two Bands 25X53 - Merkur Progress - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Acca Kappa shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Afeitado17-07-11001-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom