Shaving Acquisitions February

I notice that this month's 'acquisitions' thread has become 'shaving acquisitions.' It's normally okay to toss the odd non-shaving item in?

View attachment 101236

The hunt for the perfect small coffee cup continues - by small, I mean 200 ml or less. These are Japanese hand-made porcelain by Kinto - the one on the left is the CLK151 and opposite is the Pebble cup and saucer. They don't have handles. I drink strong Moka pot coffee first thing - a couple of smaller cups is better for me than one mug. I don't enjoy the experience of drinking from standard mugs. Even worse are the double-walled borosilicate glass things. The heat retention is great but it has all the pleasure of drinking from a specimen jar. Kinto stuff is expensive but I got a deal on them. Just to touch they are beautiful and reek of quality. It strikes me that the perfect coffee cup is much like the perfect shave - it doesn't exist - but we enjoy the chase. :) - cheers - I.
Yes that was clearly my mistake, any acquisitions are of course acceptable from A through to Z. :)

Paul.

Today's treasures :)

The last photo shows the production date (I think so) of Iridium Super...
It turns out that these are my birthyear blades :eek::ROFLMAO:

7Lzb7lR.jpg

EnujkuF.jpg

c8zrpRd.jpg

Ih7s7WS.jpg

I came to poke fun here as some had in the restraint thread :ROFLMAO: Can y'all add up how much you spent the past 2 months. Just curious of a ballpark idea of how much I saved :unsure:
Some would say I have spent more than I should have, so you should be very pleased with the amount you have saved. $$$
I am weak willed and spend on impulse, to be honest it's tied up with having bipolar disorder so I don't beat myself up over it, it could be worse, I could be spending my money on the horses, or loose women! :)
You lot on the restraint thing can live vicariously through my spending, you're welcome! :)

Paul.

Paul.

Some would say I have spent more than I should have, so you should be very pleased with the amount you have saved. $$$
I am weak willed and spend on impulse, to be honest it's tied up with having bipolar disorder so I don't beat myself up over it, it could be worse, I could be spending my money on the horses, or loose women! :)
You lot on the restraint thing can live vicariously through my spending, you're welcome! :)

Paul.

Paul.
I'm sure some trades I've made have helped me so far

Snatched this today on good discount.
View attachment 101551
Hi there,

As you probably know, there's been lots of frags reformulated multiple times over many years and this one is a good example between the vintage and current versions. Just my nose doing the talking about how it's being affected and hit with.

I like that scent's make up a lot and have huffed various versions. Not lots of cash or overwhelming and I'm thinking most people would be fine with it on you.

. Richer and more complex vintage incarnations contain I believe it's oakmoss EO that comes through stronger which I enjoy. To me, oakmoss is right up there and not used anymore in the business.

Might I suggest buying a sample of some old stuff and seeing the difference. One is still good and the other is more intense and richer.

Now another frag you would like is 'Xeryus' by Givenchy. Not the newer versions though! Nope, the older black/blue bottle incarnation is a bingo for sure. So many changes since those old old ones. This has lots of oakmoss.

Caron is an excellent company with quite nice things selling for reasonable prices and one frag I'd suggest trying is 'Yatagan', which to me is somehow unique. Something to look into and the newer version is good. Older incarnations can be even better but pricey. No oakmoss but a lot of woodsy stuff going on. I believe one member has tried some of that.

Finally, I bet you'd like the Provence Sante 63 scent. I use the bath soap often.

Martin

Last edited:
@dodgy I know that almost everything is reformulated these days and that those 90's powerhouses suffered a lot. Trussardi Uomo is one great example. I'm happy with scent of this Drakkar. When the opening is gone it reminds me bit of Azzaro pour home but not that sharp and dirty as Azzaro is.

I have Xeryus rouge in collection but original Xeryus is yet to be tried. Luckily friend just got hand on old one so I'm waiting it for tryout.

Edit: here's my humble collection. I've added Channel egoiste later.
IMG_20220226_213227-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom