Shaving Acquisitions February

I notice that this month's 'acquisitions' thread has become 'shaving acquisitions.' It's normally okay to toss the odd non-shaving item in?

View attachment 101236

The hunt for the perfect small coffee cup continues - by small, I mean 200 ml or less. These are Japanese hand-made porcelain by Kinto - the one on the left is the CLK151 and opposite is the Pebble cup and saucer. They don't have handles. I drink strong Moka pot coffee first thing - a couple of smaller cups is better for me than one mug. I don't enjoy the experience of drinking from standard mugs. Even worse are the double-walled borosilicate glass things. The heat retention is great but it has all the pleasure of drinking from a specimen jar. Kinto stuff is expensive but I got a deal on them. Just to touch they are beautiful and reek of quality. It strikes me that the perfect coffee cup is much like the perfect shave - it doesn't exist - but we enjoy the chase. :) - cheers - I.

It’s the only way to make coffee

Bialetti makes some nice, reasonably priced cups, although in the morning I just have a mug full

1A5850DD-7EF7-4DAE-9775-139E89171B0E.jpeg

Well, it was only a matter of time before I succumbed to the considerable skills of Troy of TroyCraft, based in Australia.
I've admired his work ever since he came on the scene, and I know that many of my fellow members own and covet his brushes.

My first dip in the pond was a commission job. I own a Zenith Silvertip knot that I love, but the handle had seen better days. After a series of discussions with Troy, we came up with a handle design, and he subsequently made the new handle into which he transplanted the knot.

I am absolutely delighted with every aspect of this brush. I am also appreciative of the excellent packaging and accessories that came with the brush. Troy has kindly deferred to me to name this beauty. Thus, I shall call it the Sapphire Amphora. A rather gradiose title, but befitting of Troy's craftsmanship. Whilst this was a knot transplant job, Troy's knots have an excellent reputation. We are indeed lucky to have Troy in our wet-shaving community.

C6wUbsw.jpg

NTa0L7e.jpg

tkORfEr.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it was only a matter of time before I succumbed to the considerable skills of Troy of TroyCraft, based in Australia.
I've admired his work ever since he came on the scene, and I know that many of my fellow members own and covet his brushes.

My first dip in the pond was a commission job. I own a Zenith Silvertip knot that I love, but the handle had seen better days. After a series a discussions with Troy, we came up with a handle design, and he subsequently made the new handle into which he transplanted the knot.

I am absolutely delighted with every aspect of this brush. I am also appreciative of the excellent packaging and accessories that came with the brush. Troy has kindly deferred to me to name this beauty. Thus, I shall call it the Sapphire Amphora. A rather gradiose title, but befitting of Troy's craftsmanship. Whilst this was a knot transplant job, Troy's knots have an excellent reputation. We are indeed lucky to have Troy in our wet-shaving community.

C6wUbsw.jpg

NTa0L7e.jpg

tkORfEr.jpg
Lovely brush!

PXL_20230227_111556683.jpg
A lovely little Rasierbesteck Taschenform (as the emblem says), possibly unused.
No manufacturers' markings or codes anywhere. Also came with a Rotbart Be Be blade wrapper. In it was the corresponding blade plus a Gillette Thin with a date code of R3 (July - September 1946).
I just gave the set a quick wipe down as the only issues were a bit of styptic pencil dust and a minor crack in the lid which hasn't broken all the way through the Bakelite.
Beautiful little set I think you'll agree.
I'll be using the razor tonight. Not sure about the brush or shave soap (it smells a bit like an earthy plastic).

View attachment 101456
A lovely little Rasierbesteck Taschenform (as the emblem says), possibly unused.
No manufacturers' markings or codes anywhere. Also came with a Rotbart Be Be blade wrapper. In it was the corresponding blade plus a Gillette Thin with a date code of R3 (July - September 1946).
I just gave the set a quick wipe down as the only issues were a bit of styptic pencil dust and a minor crack in the lid which hasn't broken all the way through the Bakelite.
Beautiful little set I think you'll agree.
I'll be using the razor tonight. Not sure about the brush or shave soap (it smells a bit like an earthy plastic).

I absolutely love old Bakelite razors and shaving gear.

Lovely buy.

Back
Top Bottom