Shaving Acquisitions Jan. 2023

I'm thinking of getting the Felce EDP for my birthday treat. Still undecided on the scent of DV
I picked up a sample of the Felce EdP late last year. Smelt great - even nicer than the soap. Sadly it's longevity was poor otherwise it would be a great addition to the den.

It was one of those little glass vials with the plastic stick. Perhaps an atomiser would improve things?

View attachment 98568
:)

Have had a sniff of everything (except the 3P which is still sealed and I won't open it till I can sort out some container(s)) .

The colognes have those kinds of unplaceable fragrances you get in hair products, apart from the lemon which smells exactly like the Duru Lemon I used to have. One of them is extremely strong!
Green is Olive, Brown is Tobacco, Yellow is Lemon, Pink is Cherry.

The shaving soaps all smell good although the orange seems quite weak and similar to the Summer Fruits (which smells as you might expect) and the lemon is very strong! The classic is along the lines of those colognes.
I'm likely to try the orange shaving soap tonight/tomorrow morning to see if the smell gets stronger upon lathering.

For some reason I wasn't expecting the 3P to be a 'croap' but that's not a complaint, just an observation.

Can anyone confirm if these Personna are the German made ones? They're the ones I wanted to try and I'm not keen on the Israelis but love the Lab Blue/Medical Prep.
Hey where did you get those colognes from? Thanks

Hey where did you get those colognes from? Thanks
La Barbiera. Not to be confused (as I was) with La Barberia!

It comes as a four-pack for £15. The scents are olive, tobacco, lemon and cherry, although most I had to look up the name on Google Translate as they are not obviously those scents.
I like the tobacco and the cherry but the lemon but less so. The olive is very strong and overpowering so that has already been given away to a friend.

100x Statum Platinum Chrome arrived from India.

Meanwhile, I couldn't pass up a cheapo box set Omega shaving croap and a brush.

AL9nZEWIzgD8P7JTqfz_W6jJhBS1qDcZOV3ny6VeITO6vftJkYZshZ4jFcIhJThhWHn22R5fReOvxswo4weDmLyIKeVvDIlKBqRChfplh2QzApZ_4R4a7xXl4sr6et7vsNkRkwGez0cYLS7fYb1v7EScp3eoUA=s800

Just arrived, in a badly battered but intact box.
PXL_20230116_134415951.jpg
Never tried any of this stuff except the Malizia Vetiver which I had as an EDT years ago.

The Lider balm has a kind of fresh, clean, artificial floral scent which is pleasant but a little medicinal.

The Malizia Uomo Vetiver: I loved the smell but it was pricey in the UK and not a long lasting scent. Love this stuff and great to smell it again after all these years.

I've used the Wars shaving cream in the past (very good stuff) and the aftershave smells like the cream but much stronger. Will be a decent daily splash when I'm not drawn to any particular scent.

Bond aftershave balm I didn't have high hopes for. A whisky scented budget balm could have been a disaster but its pretty impressive. A strong fragrance that smells a little of whisky, tobacco and musk.

The Bialy Jelen is a birch sap balm and doesn't have any particular smell, probably just the base ingredients that make up the balm. Good for when you don't want a balm to interfere with an EDT and hopefully it'll be quite soothing.

A little disappointed with the Pinaud whisky and tobacco. It has a certain note that I recognise from other Pinaud products which my ex used to call "old man". You would probably know what I mean if you smelt it. That seems to dominate over the whisky and tobacco notes. It's also a small bottle that was hard to open.
It may grow on me though.

The difficulty is going to pick only one to finish tonight's shave.

Help me out here - which one do I go with first?

Just arrived, in a badly battered but intact box.
View attachment 99031
Never tried any of this stuff except the Malizia Vetiver which I had as an EDT years ago.

The Lider balm has a kind of fresh, clean, artificial floral scent which is pleasant but a little medicinal.

The Malizia Uomo Vetiver: I loved the smell but it was pricey in the UK and not a long lasting scent. Love this stuff and great to smell it again after all these years.

I've used the Wars shaving cream in the past (very good stuff) and the aftershave smells like the cream but much stronger. Will be a decent daily splash when I'm not drawn to any particular scent.

Bond aftershave balm I didn't have high hopes for. A whisky scented budget balm could have been a disaster but its pretty impressive. A strong fragrance that smells a little of whisky, tobacco and musk.

The Bialy Jelen is a birch sap balm and doesn't have any particular smell, probably just the base ingredients that make up the balm. Good for when you don't want a balm to interfere with an EDT and hopefully it'll be quite soothing.

A little disappointed with the Pinaud whisky and tobacco. It has a certain note that I recognise from other Pinaud products which my ex used to call "old man". You would probably know what I mean if you smelt it. That seems to dominate over the whisky and tobacco notes. It's also a small bottle that was hard to open.
It may grow on me though.

The difficulty is going to pick only one to finish tonight's shave.

Help me out here - which one do I go with first?

It's a fine bounty from MakeUp.uk

Would love to @pjgh but I only got a single pack of the Pro 500, and I gave away a couple of them to fly3k at the weekend.
I have five remaining of those pro 500 blades if you're interested. I could also include a pack (5 blades) of the 2017 dated Gillette Platinum if you like, it make it more worth your while?
These are from bigdealsmart who have their own website and are also on fleabay

Attachments

• 16738792408524917305442337112239.jpg
    16738792408524917305442337112239.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom