Shaving Acquisitions March

These are the folks I bought the Jaguar straight edge from years ago ... probably the Miraki, too. They're more a hairdresser supplier, but also sell Barber razors and a small supply of blades.

They seem to have a few bits and pieces of interest, thanks for the link.

Gillette Old Type (I think) from eBay. Came with a box as well, but in a bad shape, I didn't figure out a way to remove what looks like mould from the inside fabric.
View attachment 102620

Nice catch!

Often those ball-ended razors would have a large split/crack in the handle. If yours does not, congratulations again. That said, if/when you get to polishing it (Peek will do a sterling job!) take care with the handle and don't put too much pressure on while holding the handle and polishing the top/bottom parts.

Have a lot of fun!

Nice catch!

Often those ball-ended razors would have a large split/crack in the handle. If yours does not, congratulations again. That said, if/when you get to polishing it (Peek will do a sterling job!) take care with the handle and don't put too much pressure on while holding the handle and polishing the top/bottom parts.

Have a lot of fun!
Thank you!

Yes, it does have a small-ish crack on the handle, both ends - so no such luck ;) Both the ball end and the screw bit are now "removable"... (Looking at the photo now I see I snapped it from the side where this is not visible.) Otherwise good condition.

I cleaned it up (isopropyl alcohol, then a vinegar bath), but it could do with some polishing. Thanks for the tip, I wondered which one to use - Brasso seems a bit too harsh.

Thank you!

Yes, it does have a small-ish crack on the handle, both ends - so no such luck ;) Both the ball end and the screw bit are now "removable"... (Looking at the photo now I see I snapped it from the side where this is not visible.) Otherwise good condition.

I cleaned it up (isopropyl alcohol, then a vinegar bath), but it could do with some polishing. Thanks for the tip, I wondered which one to use - Brasso seems a bit too harsh.

Ah, okay, so you can fix the handle by bleeding in some brass solder from the inside. Yeah, Peek is perfect for this job. Across several hundred razors that I've cleaned up, it cannot be beaten.

Those are some interesting looking blades - looks like some Latin countries editions?
Dance Dogs GIF

weekend trip to Barcelona so couldn't not look at the shaving section of an el corte ingles and another supermarket. I've used a la toja stick before so know they're great and this aftershave splash smells so good. quite powdery / sherbety which I love. they had floid genuine and it was even on offer but I didn't like the scent. I really thought I would and the bottle looks really cool but glad I got the opportunity to smell it first.PXL_20230320_112220470.jpg

Last edited:

These are the folks I bought the Jaguar straight edge from years ago ... probably the Miraki, too. They're more a hairdresser supplier, but also sell Barber razors and a small supply of blades.
That’s a bargain! Not tried those blades, but at that price it’d be rude not to!

Back
Top Bottom