Shaving bowls out of concrete

Johnus said:
Soft concrete? Why not just use that craft clay stuff that you bake in your oven? Would it be easier?

This is just lightweight concrete. Apart from its weight you won't see much difference. It's not powers clay that needs to be glazed and fired.

I have something similar to this which works very well as the inside is rough and helps build lather.

mzgIojiQpY2Todv8vIIXYzg.jpg

It can go in the oven and heat up while one is in the shower which keeps ones lather warm.

However, since buying it I've discovered the faff free joy of face lathering.

gazza said:
I've discovered the faff free joy of face lathering.

Halleluyah Brother!!!! Better late than never. No offense meant to the guys who use a bowl to whip things up, but you are doing things the wrong way.

Bowl lathering means you just sorta paint the lather on your face....right? It's already made so no need to screw around with the water or anything. Just kinda sits on your face.

That slick soapy wonderfulness never really gets worked into the whiskers. This is what face lathering does. Plus, you get to use a brush on your face lots more, which is a kick.

I do use a bowl when just starting to mix up the creams with water and the ones in this thread look good for that.

Any of you guys on the fence about face lathering, think it over.

dodgy said:
gazza said:
I've discovered the faff free joy of face lathering.

Halleluyah Brother!!!! Better late than never. No offense meant to the guys who use a bowl to whip things up, but you are doing things the wrong way.

Bowl lathering means you just sorta paint the lather on your face....right? It's already made so no need to screw around with the water or anything. Just kinda sits on your face.

That slick soapy wonderfulness never really gets worked into the whiskers. This is what face lathering does. Plus, you get to use a brush on your face lots more, which is a kick.

Any of you guys on the fence, think it over.

I do both.
If I were to guesstimate it its probably 60% face lathering and 40% in my scuttle. There is something almost decadent about applying some warm lather out of the scuttle on those chilly California mornings when the sunlight barely shines through the palm trees.

I also find scuttle/bowl lathering to be useful for soaps that are very thirsty as it allows me to manage the water amount better.

Having said that, since I do face lather 60% of the time, I do really like the extra skin foliation and the much less of a mess that face lathering brings with it :)

MPH said:
I would love one of these bowls and I have just smashed mine! Will have to give it some thought!

And should you drop it in the sink it will probably survive - and just break the sink :)

It is very visually appealing though

Darkbulb said:
MPH said:
I would love one of these bowls and I have just smashed mine! Will have to give it some thought!

And should you drop it in the sink it will probably survive - and just break the sink :)

It is very visually appealing though
Yeah good point!!!!

Maybe I'll go for a paper bowl instead!!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom