Shaving Rash (still)

Hi all the above. !!!
The superspeed is a pretty mild shaver and a real beauty.
I know everyone gas said it.
No pressure.
Think of shaving as lather removal. Try not to go over a bit without lather on.
Even practice without a blade
I saw a shaving YouTube vid today and the guy scraped away at the same patch like it was a mCh 3
Cheers now
Tim p

Why not just do a one pass shave: don't worry about XTG, and don't shave ATG. I don't shave ATG due to possible rash. Also, don't apply pressure when shaving.

Other creams to try are The Real Shaving Co. Their's is quite rich and thick. You could even try using an unfragranced gel.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I had a shave this morning and have a few bumps along the bottom of my beck but apart from that it feels OK. I'll moved off the Yellow's for now and see how that helps.

I picked up a palm olive stick yesterday and will let you know how I get on later in the week. I was carefully watching the way I shave today and I think I may be using too much pressure... I'll certainly work on that too.

I'll be out of action for a few days though (work commitments) so I'll report back later in the week!

Cheers,
Amnesia

An update for everyone, I have got myself a Palmolive Stick (just the classic one, there is another that has a aloe extract I think or something like that). Anyway, I used it last night and the a couple of nights ago and swapped my blade.
It lathes pretty quickly (I made the mistake of taking off all the foil on the stick though). However, after one pass, I notice my skin (although feeling smooth) does not allow my blade to glide down my face again... the blade feels like I'm trying to shave on a clammy surface, I'm sure this is due to the way I am lathering only allowing for one pass - two if I've got it 'right'.

I don't seem to have got any type of irritation from it, and I'm literally just placing the razor on my face and pulling it down, rather than pushing with my forefinger (which is where the pressure is coming from). Occassionally, the angle of my blade is bad and I'll be scraping at my face with a part of the razor guard rather than the blade!

I'm definitely going to start looking into post shave balms.

Amnesia180 said:
...However, after one pass, I notice my skin (although feeling smooth) does not allow my blade to glide down my face again... the blade feels like I'm trying to shave on a clammy surface...

Especially if one judges from the second sentence quoted above, you most likely need to have a much more wet brush. Shaving should not be like that, with any soap or cream, Palmolive stick included.

Possibly a very thorough application of the stick, combined with a towards-dry brush, led to that result. More water should give you good and well moisturized lather.

From the exerpt again... Presumably you are re-lathering?

I know that shave oil seems to ruin my lather with Provence Sante, but found it most helpful with the Palmolive stick

al_kaholik said:
From the exerpt again... Presumably you are re-lathering?

That was my first thought too! You need to re-apply lather inbetween each pass - and for each area you touch up (ooo-er). Shaving "dry" causes most people problems - a few are lucky to be able touch up dry without problems - but it's best not to push your luck :)

I used to have the same problem. I cured it by workibng the lather for longer, erring on the side of making the lather a touch wetter (lightly whipped double cream as opposed to meringue) and rewetting my face before reapplying lather.

I haven't ever relathered, I've just used what was already there.
You see, it looks like I need to be spoon fed, haha. Sorry if it looks like I'm missing the obvious - but it doesn't seem so obvious at the time :)

Thanks again everyone...

:) Get a pass with the grain the relather to touch up. Start off with a single pass then as you get more competent/less irritation go for another full pass.

Got my brother a DE recently, he is still getting some irritation, old habits of mashing the razor into his face isn't helping. I get the occasional text to say that he had a great shave... Just like using a saw (which he is also useless at! ;)) let the blade do the work, you just want to rest it on your face

Amnesia180 said:
You see, it looks like I need to be spoon fed, haha. Sorry if it looks like I'm missing the obvious - but it doesn't seem so obvious at the time :)

Thanks again everyone...

Fingers crossed that it explains the shaving rash problems you're having and that you are now able to enjoy your shaving properly! :)

Hax said:
Amnesia180 said:

Thanks again everyone...

Fingers crossed that it explains the shaving rash problems you're having and that you are now able to enjoy your shaving properly! :)

If I didn't reapply lather betweeen passes I wouldn't have a face left to shave!:icon_eek:

Back
Top Bottom