Short SE summary?

Alright you lot, pack it in. Go and bicker on someone else's thread.
You will confuse me.
That is ample suggestions for now thank you very much.
Appreciate the knowledge.

We'll find a suitable thread ...
What say you guys? Can a brush thread be turned to the subject? :D

1912, 1914, 1924 ... blades from Connaught.

Any potential purchases you want checking out, just ask. PM if you think it's a gem, pun intended. Don't worry about me sniping it off you - I don't do that. Just sorry I don't have anything going spare at the mo' ...

Well, thanks to an incredibly generous donation, I am the proud owner of a
1912 US version.
I am busting to tell you what I think but having had just the one shave, perhaps I should wait a bit.
Certainly better than a number of DEs I have tried so far.

Ha! Super! You're on a roll, now ...
Have a good few shaves and let us know how you go. What blades are you using? Most SE blades will last longer than DE blades. Some folks love 'em after a few shaves and consider them to have mellowed, going on to enjoy many more shaves with them. Some (like me) love the first few fiercer shaves and like to change by 6 or 7 shaves.
Have fun!

Steady on! I came from that there London not so long ago....
well, sort of. (heathrow way actually)

Gem blades. The very kind gentleman also donated a few blades.
I have ordered a few more and some feather to try from connaught.

Well, this will be interesting.
When you say fiercer......... ?
They seemed fine to me.
(I think I am liking it already)
Bit of a strange feeling when it sucks to the side of your face the first time isn't it?

Most folks find that the 1912 is a tad rough for the first few shaves with a new Gem blade and or a bit fiercer would describe it another way...Be careful with a Feather blade in a 1912 as they are full cutting edge longer than Gem blades and they may not seat properly ...Its subtle and can go unnoticed Sir...o_O

Billy

OK, thanks.
Like I say, seemed fine to me. Perhaps when I have gone through the first cycle i will
notice it in the second one.

I shall see how we go.
I shall, as ever, take great care.
(Especially as I actually had a dream about shaving last night. About straights and it didn't go well.)
This is a bad sign that I am dreaming about it for sure.

The feathers are more suited to different SEs then are they?
Is that something else I should add to my wish list?
I mean, I DO have the blades now don't I?

Its each to their own Sir....Most folks around here find them not to be anything near as good as Gem blades to say the least....Some folks use them of course, but more so in the Valet where they haven't any other choice...They are not like their DE cousins that's for sure and or their Feather Pro Blade brothers either for that matter....They are decidedly Poor blades and as I mentioned before do not fit some SEs properly due to them being slightly longer which is often overlooked as well...o_O

Billy

Back
Top Bottom