Show us your boars!

On the right is how OMEGA would normally set 20102 hair in the green handle. On the left is how I asked them to set the knot. As well as making the loft 5 mm shorter, (it does make a difference) the bristles are more densely packed.
011829_var.png

Yes you can also make your own brush & the 20102 is a good one, i find that this is a bit too floppy when broken in.

Zenith 24 mm unbleached 24/57 mm: after the shedding incident with 14 hair lost I have used it for seven straight daily shaves with only one hair lost, will let it rest and dry for a couple of days then check if disaster strikes again with another bad hair day. If yes = bin. If no = going to try and migrate it to another handle.

No container, checked the green and grey versions of the brush for containers but no must be just an illusion on the red, this might make it just a tad harder to remove the knot.

I must have shaved with boar brushes for more than 30 years - principally Culmak, when a new brush meant a trip to your local (independent) chemist. The result of a (relatively) brief sidestep into badgers has still left me favouring the lower end of those, especially finest - scritchy with backbone.
I've some vintage boars, and mixed, but have added a Zenith today.
The Thater is lovely - principally for the handle. I wonder where the knot is from?
The Zenith has arrived. I went for the Euro/X - unbleached. Cheap as chips from TVB Shaving. Not at all funky, smell-wise. Quite a big brush for a 24mm knot. I'm suitably impressed :)

Back
Top Bottom