Simpsons 'Super' or Shavemac D01?

Super or D01?

• Simpsons 'Super'

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perished said:
Dipesh said:
I'd like to own a D01 one day. This thread is getting rather dangerous for my credit card!!

:icon_twisted:

I just can't decide. Think I'll email Diamond Edge, see if they have any chubby 2 Super brushes in, two band.
That may sway it one way or the other...

Let us know how you get on. I think they are special order but not 100% on that.

cyril said:
If you can fund the buy of a Chubby#2 super, look at the Simspon GYLE.

It is a classy silvertip probably close to a three band D01 with a beautiful handle and a semi fan shape loft. Very very nice brush if you're not focused on the maximum backbone a two band would provide.

Yea I'm a fan of the GYLE, just the price put me off a bit. Having said that, it would cost about the same as a Shavemac D01. £170 or so.
I've emailed Diamond Edge. I'll let you lads know what they tell me tomorrow, so long as they reply.

I have 4 shavemacs : two D01 silvertip,1 D01 two band and 1 finest badger.I have tried the Simpson Super 2 band but not the regular 3 band,and Ill go for the shavemac D01 silvertip or 2 band before the Simpson Super 2 band.My D01 two band has a 19mm knot and 48 mm loft and while at the beginning was kind of scratchy (the tips) not its really soft with a really firm backbone.

"I'm afraid we cannot get any two-band brushes at present - the suitable hair is extremely scarce. We can get you a regular Super brush within a few days"

Fair play to Diamond Edge, at least they were quick with a reply.

Well, having looked, I can either go with a Chubby 3 2 band Super or a 28mm D01 flat top Shavemac as both are priced, give or take the same. So it'll just come down to preference. The one thing I'll say though, reading reviews, the Chubby 3 handle sounds quite large and maybe a little hard to handle.

I have a 2 band Shavmac that measures 25.5mm at the bristle handle interface, loft is 49mm. It is a fan shape & therefore is bigger on the business end when lathering. The bristle feels the same to me as Rooney finest, if you "stab" it onto your face it is quite prickly but this is not evident when lathering on the face. It is dense but not Rooney or Simpsons dense.

The one on the right.

dsc1107le.jpg

antdad said:
I had a CH3 Super, it was a bit bonkers, why not the CH2 2B?

Superior Shave only have the band band chubby in size 3... I can't seem to find a two band chubby size 2 anywhere... Well, I could get in touch with Simpsons but it's the price...

fozz77 said:
I have a 2 band Shavmac that measures 25.5mm at the bristle handle interface, loft is 49mm. It is a fan shape & therefore is bigger on the business end when lathering. The bristle feels the same to me as Rooney finest, if you "stab" it onto your face it is quite prickly but this is not evident when lathering on the face. It is dense but not Rooney or Simpsons dense.

The one on the right.

dsc1107le.jpg

Cheers mate, great pics.

Thanks to one and all who chipped in with pics and advice... Very much appreciated. Turns out, i can have best of both Worlds.... 'beejay' will be making a brush for me :icon_razz:

Teiste said:
I have 4 shavemacs : two D01 silvertip,1 D01 two band and 1 finest badger.I have tried the Simpson Super 2 band but not the regular 3 band,and Ill go for the shavemac D01 silvertip or 2 band before the Simpson Super 2 band.My D01 two band has a 19mm knot and 48 mm loft and while at the beginning was kind of scratchy (the tips) not its really soft with a really firm backbone.

Teiste

My current favourite brush is the semogue LE2010. If i remember correctly, you originally described it as comparable to D01 hair. I presume you meant the silvertip. How does the LE2010 compare with the D01 2 band? Sorry if i am a bit off topic! Thanks

chicken neck said:
Teiste said:

Teiste

My current favourite brush is the semogue LE2010. If i remember correctly, you originally described it as comparable to D01 hair. I presume you meant the silvertip. How does the LE2010 compare with the D01 2 band? Sorry if i am a bit off topic! Thanks
Hello there!
I dont find significant differences between the Semogue LE 2010 and the two shavemacs D01 silvertip brushes that I own.Maybe the density in the shavemacs its a little bit higher,but the softness of tips and the firm backbone its almost identical.But again,the shavemacs are a little bit more densely packed (and are more expensive too).
I hope that Semogue qould be able to get more of this "selected silvertip" and make new brushes with it.

Back
Top Bottom