Single Edge by Supply Provision - are you getting one?

The Single Edge razor made quite a splash on kickstarter earlier this year raising close to USD 80K.
I managed to mess up my backing back then but seeing that you can still pre-order it for USD 60 I don't feel too bad about that.

They appear to, reading the latest update post from a couple of weeks ago, be on track for a late Q1/16 release which will be here before we know it.
I noticed that they mentioned in the latest post about also making a brush, aftershave, etc available. Does anyone here, who backed them successfully, have any more info on that?

Their home page

I really like the look and sound of this razor. Heavy, injector, interchangeable base plates and a design that reminds me of the old PAL/Personna injector. That coupled with a very reasonable price point makes it very compelling.

Who here is waiting on one? :)

jtp8gw.jpg

Greetings
Not for me, unless I read a great number of reports claiming that the shave is hugely different from the Personna Injector whose looks this razor has obviously been modeled on. Both that razor (the Personna) and the PAL adjustable are for me quite the worst shaving injector razors I have had the displeasure of shaving with, they are both extremely angle sensitive to the point where getting the angle wrong by only a very few degrees means they will not cut at all. This of course is my personal opinion.

I hope this razor is different....very very different!

Regards
Dick.

Greetings
Not for me, unless I read a great number of reports claiming that the shave is hugely different from the Personna Injector whose looks this razor has obviously been modeled on. Both that razor (the Personna) and the PAL adjustable are for me quite the worst shaving injector razors I have had the displeasure of shaving with, they are both extremely angle sensitive to the point where getting the angle wrong by only a very few degrees means they will not cut at all. This of course is my personal opinion.

Regards
Dick.
Use a Chinese Schick Blade in them Dick...I find the same with these particular injectors with a Personna blade ....Same goes for some of the Schick Type E s...They can be evil with a Personna blade...Well..For me anyway...Chinese Schick Blades in these particular injectors changes the Plot...o_O

Billy

Greetings
Not for me, unless I read a great number of reports claiming that the shave is hugely different from the Personna Injector whose looks this razor has obviously been modeled on.

Regards
Dick.
Those aren't Feather-style blades, are they? What type of blades are they, and how many other systems are there out there?

Yeah Dick, I get what you're saying and even if it looked exactly like a classis Schick it still has to be test driven to see what's up. No way to see how it fits by reading reviews, although they can certainly help as a guideline. I actually have no objections to it's looks and kinda like it enough to request one as a belated Christmas gift.

wintoid,

Far as blades go, I would imagine this razor will be able to use many of the currently made ones, plus most of the vintage versions. Same design as a Schick or PAL razor. That to me is a big draw, since I am able to stick with my normal favorite blade.

Usually I can avoid his infernal enabling, but that scamp DB got my attention with this thing.

Last edited:
Greetings
You are of course quite correct there is only one way to find out and that is to shave with it, I too think the Personna and the PAL Adjustable to be the best looking Injectors made and of course they are the only ones that are made from stainless, but for me both are sh*t shavers but to assume because this new razor is based on the looks of those razors, to assume it will shave like them I accept is just wrong and I should wait and see!

Regards
Dick.

The Single Edge razor made quite a splash on kickstarter earlier this year raising close to USD 80K.
I managed to mess up my backing back then but seeing that you can still pre-order it for USD 60 I don't feel too bad about that.

They appear to, reading the latest update post from a couple of weeks ago, be on track for a late Q1/16 release which will be here before we know it.
I noticed that they mentioned in the latest post about also making a brush, aftershave, etc available. Does anyone here, who backed them successfully, have any more info on that?

Their home page

I really like the look and sound of this razor. Heavy, injector, interchangeable base plates and a design that reminds me of the old PAL/Personna injector. That coupled with a very reasonable price point makes it very compelling.

Who here is waiting on one? :)

jtp8gw.jpg
I am.

Greetings
You are of course quite correct there is only one way to find out and that is to shave with it, I too think the Personna and the PAL Adjustable to be the best looking Injectors made and of course they are the only ones that are made from stainless, but for me both are sh*t shavers but to assume because this new razor is based on the looks of those razors, to assume it will shave like them I accept is just wrong and I should wait and see!

Regards
Dick.

We are on the same page here,

I know some misguided members like those versions, but I just don't get it. Normally I wouldn't be quick to hit the Buy button like this, but the discount plus money back any time thing works for me. Plus I am cautiously optimistic about the performance, but not overly so. There's so many ways a razor can not quite fit me that it's rare when one does.

Call me impetuous and blame DB mostly for this.

Martin

We are on the same page here,

I know some misguided members like those versions, but I just don't get it. Normally I wouldn't be quick to hit the Buy button like this, but the discount plus money back any time thing works for me. Plus I am cautiously optimistic about the performance, but not overly so. There's so many ways a razor can not quite fit me that it's rare when one does.

Call me impetuous and blame DB mostly for this.

Martin

Happy to have 'hooked' you with something Martin. :)
I, funnily enough, also fall into the category of people that 'love the look of the old PAL/Personna razors..but didn't feel that the shave was particularly stellar'. Rather mild and not fully being able to give me a perfectly close shave. I did somewhat of a write-up over here some time ago.
I'm also hoping that this razor will have the looks of the old - but give a new/different shave.

Back
Top Bottom