Six Nations 2014

Another close shave today. And then there was France v England. How I hate watching these tight matches. But that's the price of sports addiction.

Might as well wish Wales all the best for a third title.

I could see the French getting a late try... us Irish have been in that exact same position so many times only for them to score late and win the game having appeared to be down and out for most of the second half.

Italians put in a good shift against the Welsh, unlucky for the disallowed Parisse try, was a good move.

Be interesting to see which Ireland show up for this years competition under the new coach.

Glad that game is out of the way as Wales are notoriously slow starters it was a boring game Wales barely got out of first gear, Sam Warburton will be back in next week and John Davies in the center plus Gethin Jenkins, really looking forward to the Irish game can't wait to see the raving looney Kieth Wood who's such a great player but showed what a complete dickhead he was over Gatland dropping O'Driscoll.

How bloody long are they going to persist with Tom Youngs? Absolutely fecking disastrous decision to throw long on the French line when he came on.

antdad said:
How bloody long are they going to persist with Tom Youngs? Absolutely fecking disastrous decision to throw long on the French line when he came on.
But he's good in the scrum and can carry things a long way, especially if it is holding the ball.

The game changed when the English scrum half was changed. I don't understand the modern way of emptying the bench for the sake of it- maybe some positions merit a fresh pair of legs and lungs, bur scrum half is not one of them. Eighty minutes should be the norm not the exception.

jb74 said:
New cap, #14, had a bit of a stinker in the first half for ye... that was really the winning of the game for the French

Didn't think he was that bad, and hardly fair to place all the blame for a defeat on the shoulders of someone in their first international - that's a sure-fire way to ruin a promising career. I'm more inclined to go against my usual inclination and agree with Jamie:angel: - despite the fact that the brothers are originally from my neck of the woods, I'm of the opinion that they're overrated. Overall, I thought England were good for 30 minutes and lousy for the other 50. They'll need to improve quite a bit to salvage anything out of this years' championship.

Depending on how Ireland play tomorrow, I think the title will be between France and Wales, though I think France will take it. Whether they're good enough to get the Grand Slam is another matter.

Sorry, badly structured post.

First half French performance won them the game.

#14 made a couple of howlers, but wasn't the single reason they lost the game.

Not sure what sort of Ireland performance to expect tomorrow. It feels like the First time in years that were expecting nothing. Lots of key players injured, the back line wouldn't send shivers down too many spines. Nobody is sure what to expect...

A key factor in what actually won and lost the game was the bounce of the ball in three key moments. Two resulted in tries for France and one lost one for England. That's ball games!

jb74 said:
What did Keith Wood do, other than having an opinion, that makes him a dickhead?

It wasn't just an opinion it was a personal attack on the coaches selection which Gatland got absolutely spot on, but he showed in all his self obsessed arrogance he couldn't or wouldn't admit he was wrong.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/warren-gatland-blasts-self-obsessed-keith-6237980

Bechet45 said:
antdad said:
But he's good in the scrum and can carry things a long way, especially if it is holding the ball.

...but when push comes to shove, shoving isn't enough.

Ah stop will ya, it's just one mans opinion, he wasn't alone in the way he was thinking.

I think he has enough rugby under his belt to be entitled to his opinion, and who really cares about it? Sure, he comes across bitter but so what, the series is over and everything has moved on.

I do agree with him though when he says the Aussies were crap.

O'Driscoll needs to get over it too.

The media love stuff like this because it gives them headlines and soap stories to write about. What happens on the field is all that matters.

It's a good thing you don't get Irish TV, if you heard some of the stuff pundit George Hook comes out with... he makes Wood look like a kitten when it comes to scathing comments... Eddie O'Sullivan and Declan Kidney being high upon his list of regular targets in recent years. They had him with Ronan O'Gara for yesterday's game... another fella who doesn't mince his words, could get good as the tournament goes on.

Back
Top Bottom