Slim Adjustable Advice Please

Hi Chaps

Just waiting for my Slim Adjustable - thanks to Jamie. I remember a thread which gave good guidance on how to use these effectively but for some reason I can't open links from a search:huh:

Can someone point me in the right direction or post any tips they have?

Many thanks

Neil

YorkNeil said:
Hi Chaps

Just waiting for my Slim Adjustable - thanks to Jamie. I remember a thread which gave good guidance on how to use these effectively but for some reason I can't open links from a search:huh:

Can someone point me in the right direction or post any tips they have?

Many thanks

Neil

What razor(s) are you used to shaving with? Have you used an adjustable or a fixed-head?

I have a Slim Adjustable, I find it is relatively safe to use it on a 4 or 5 setting, you would have to dial it up further to find it "aggressive" (I use an EJ de89 for comparison).

The fun with an adjustable is experimenting!

Loosen the doors slightly when adjusting to prevent straining the mechanism. Otherwise fairly straight forward as long as you start on a lower setting as stated above

Thanks gents. Using a DE89 as my regular razor. It was the doors/adjustment that I was wary of so thanks for that.

Is 1 lowest or highest? not a stupid question - honest!

the slim is one of my favrets, for me its 3 or 4 for a smooooth shave, now I think I don't recall having a bad shave out of one they are top end heavy so no need to press gently does it my frend:icon_biggrin:

Gingerpose said:
YorkNeil said:
Thanks gents. Using a DE89 as my regular razor. It was the doors/adjustment that I was wary of so thanks for that.

Is 1 lowest or highest? not a stupid question - honest!

1 is lowest, 9 highest.

No it's not stupid at all my good man,what you will have is a superb made razor and once you get use to it ,you will hopefully discover what a wounderfull tool it is. I see you are giving the old stuff a go,just think it's the best part of 53 years old and if it's been looked after it should shave as good as the day it was made. I know my one does, you never know you might develop a taste for vintage razors happy shaving with it;-)

Your usage/routine will vary from mine, but I tend to use mine if I've missed a day or two, and open it up on first pass to deforest before the lawn manicure on 4! And 2 for a buff on special occasions.
love'n'joy
Lloyd

chrisbell said:
I love me Slim, and tend also to set it to a high setting (usually 7) for my WTG pass, easing it down to 5 or so for XTG passes. If I decide to touch-up, I'll turn it down to 3 or 4.

I go 9 for all passes these days, even on buffing.

Brilliant feedback - many thanks to all.

I remember my dad using one of these back in the 60's when I was a nipper. The silo doors always fascinated me and I promised myself I'd have one one day.

It's just arrived so looking forward to the shave.

All the best

When I close the doors it feels as if I can tighten the twist further. Do I tighten it all the way home or just until the doors close?

Back
Top Bottom