Soap vs Cream....... Fight!

Soap or Cream?

• Soap

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Cream

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So now that i am officially hooked and buying far too many things i wondered what peoples personal preference and thoughts on the merits of shave soaps and shave creams?

Soaps - high glycerin content means better glide etc.

Creams - moisturising properties etc.

I have been using cream for last few shaves and still find my self missing the glide from soap. I have found a cream was best when my hair was longer where as the soaps are better for short stubble.

I have some Arlington cream coming and some honey, lime, basil and mandarin cream coming (i know way too many). Will post review of honey based cream as not seen it mentioned on the site.

Ah I think you may need to add more choices to your poll. I like both for different reasons and i also like Croap (soft soap, mainly Italian and smells of coconut and/or almonds)........:p:p

missingskin said:
Ah I think you may need to add more choices to your poll. I like both for different reasons and i also like Croap (soft soap, mainly Italian and smells of coconut and/or almonds)........:p:p

Oh man ive not even tried Croap! Dont tell me these things. Must buy some now. :icon_biggrin:

As with all these things, there is a spectrum from hard (soap) to soft (cream) and a spectrum of quality from great to Wilkinson Blue Bowl.

Those spectra are not linked - there are great creams and crap soaps. The converse is also true.
Not all creams are great, not all soaps are crap.... and nor is the converse true. Generalisation isn't possible.

Cream for me on the whole but a good soap is great too. If I could only choose one product it would probably be Speick cream... But fortunately that's not the case and I have the whole gamut to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom