SOTD is Bragging?

I've always seen SOTD as a shopping opportunity. I've often seen a photo and gone on to buy a product. I particularly remember a shot a few years ago with Lucky Tiger in, that was a must buy and didn't disappoint.

Also there are many shots on SOTD that look great.

Don't really see it as bragging, fair play to anyone if it an expensive piece of kit. Same goes for watch threads, I love looking at watches. Certainly don't look at anything in envy. Keep them shots coming.

I totally love the SOTD forum! Some of those photos are works of art in their own right, in my opinion. Not only are they a source of shaving inspiration, I get to see different places in the world. For me it's not just the shaving gear, it's the little knick knacks lying around, a family photo perhaps, a cityscape or a field in the background. A small window a moment in the life of another. Actually, quite intimate.

Keep those SOTD photos coming, gentlemen!

I don't think it's so much bragging as a pride thing.
I think some members may think twice about posting a photo of their £200 brush or razor incase it is seen as bragging or snobbery.
I often see a particular brush or razor in SOTD posts, and wonder if they could improve my shaves.
I was lucky that my son bought me a Mason Pearson badger brush some years ago, but I wouldn't spend £60 on a brush when a £20 one will do the job.

The same goes for some dedicated watch forum "what watch" threads.
Will a £7000 Rolex improve my ability to tell the time? Of course it won't, but it would be nice to own one if funds permitted.

I say, if you have the funds to buy and use expensive shave kit then good for you.

Most of all, I like looking at the pretty pictures !

Back
Top Bottom