SOTD: Saturday 02 to Friday 08 of October 2021

View attachment 77876

Soap - Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore
Brush - Vie-Long extra soft synthetic 24mm
Razor - Rockwell 6C ( #4 / 2 )
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Classic
A/S - Floid Mentolado Vigaroso
A/S Balm - Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

Over the moon with this Vie Long brush. As the name suggests it is indeed a very soft knot but with more than enough backbone to create a great lather. I was looking for a soft synthetic with a bit less density than the brushes that I already own and this hit the mark perfectly.
3 pass shave plus pickups. Passes 1 & 2 (#4) , pass 3 and pickups ( #2 ).
Ultra smooth and comfortable shave today with the Rockwell / WS combo and the last couple of applications of soap was like spreading butter.
Superb.
I really like the look of that brush - heard good things about VL synths .

2889CF48-35DF-454E-B3E5-6D4B0D5707D0.jpeg

iKon X3, Custom Stainless Handle, Lab Blue, Zenith Unbleached Boar, Ingram, Turkish Lemon Cologne, Boot’s Freshwood ASB

Antidote to a rainy day - marvellous shave!

E08C0A61-E0CB-407B-9028-E5DA455B0003.jpeg

SOTD: 05/10/2021

Razor: Hone 15a
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , first use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
As predicted and tested by @ATG, the Hone 15a handles the feather with ease. No issue at all, arguably the smoothest shave of the week even beating the Blackbird! The only issue was the lather which was poor a little yesterday too. I’m putting it down to the water as I’m lathering the same and using the same brushes I normally do. Maybe the water is harder or something! Or maybe it’s just me after hardly any sleep last night thanks to the kids!

I really like the look of that brush - heard good things about VL synths .
I'm really happy with it. The handle is an ergonomic style that I've found I like best and the knot was exactly what I was looking for.
Many of the current popular synthetics are very good but I find some to be a little too dense for my preference.
I have a few Yaqis and a Razorock Bruce plissoft which is a brush I really like and I would say this Vie Long knot is softer and definitely a bit lighter in density but at no detriment to performance IMO.
I have only good things to say about it but as always YMMV.

0A487442-3BE2-4DE4-A659-CE7046F09E39.pngRazor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Stainless ( 3 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Boar Stoat
Soap = The Merchant By Zingari Man with matching splash & balm.

Another Brilliant shave tonight & couldn’t ask for anything more.
A lovely 3 pass bbs finish & a wonderful post shave feel thanks to the balm.
We really are lucky & spoilt with the products available.
Stay Safe Lads

Last edited:
Warm rinse and Proraso Green pre-shave
Yaqi 26mm Rainbow synthetic brush
Executive Shaving Company Citrus Kiss cream
Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution razor
Feather Professional blade (3)
Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented and Epsilon Mediterranean Blue aftershave

The Feather blade is now growing on me and I’m starting to dial into the new razor. This was a straightforward 3 pass shave with the only incident being a spot being found on my neck. Other than that it was faultless with a BBS result.

I’m still desperate to try other blades which will hopefully be rectified soon.

Have a great evening folks.

Tuesday 5th October

Soap • SV Cosmo
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Classic Cobra (on loan)
Blade • Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (3)
Post • L'Oréal Birch Sap Balm
Scent • Al Aneeq Oud Malaki Attar

Normal service resumed this evening following my disaster of a shave due to lack of prep on Sunday morning.
My fist time using a SV Soap, and I felt a bit cheated by the lack of scent. However, performance was good, and it seems capable of holding a lot of water and remained stable. Glide and protection were good too.
The Cobra behaved impeccably, paired with a Kai Pink on it's third use, and no blood was lost.
The Oud Malaki Attar arrived today, and so far I quite like it. Not too strong a Scent, so it doesn't project too much, which suits me as sometimes I like my scents to not always be obvious but personal.

The Oud Malaki Attar arrived today, and so far I quite like it. Not too strong a Scent, so it doesn't project too much, which suits me as sometimes I like my scents to not always be obvious but personal.
I'd second that as I find a lot of attars are more personal and intimate. But then you get someone the other side of the office saying they can smell rose or patchouli really strongly. My usual application is to the wrists, pat together, wipe each in turn up my neck under my ear and then keep pattying to dry off the wrists. From the neck can give a tad more projection, but careful with good shirts.

Tuesday 5th October

AM-JKLW1eOcWWJD9vU1_-6iZQPlm7W9wHi_z3cxGAdUlBP-Wzhw1lOABBo4GsfBBiL-PGLk2Xcxo93HlAr4X0wDv0CRI9wZsXnvrzgUDYHJRy8_UsJXv37HndpLWb5eUCWrKxaGhYmklI18lMopui_dWFY9ogQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Gothic Revival Shaving Soap
hjm Professional w/Blonde Boar 25mm
RazoRock Hawk OC
Feather ProGuard (2)
Wickham Gothic Revival Aftershave

Another invigorating shave with this Feather ProGuard in the Hawk OC combo ...

If the regular plate with a Feather Professional is like the Personna Comfort Coated and step that up to the A plate for a Personna Platinum Chrome kinda shave, the Feather ProGuard on the OC plate is like a Shark Stainless!

Back
Top Bottom