SOTD: Saturday 02 to Friday 08 of October 2021

View attachment 77960
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Speick Stick
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (3)

I've been eagerly waiting to give the Speick a run out since @LESLIE ASARE so generously PIFd the sticks a couple of weeks back. Today was the day, and it didn't disappoint. The scent - while bordering on the Sudocreme side of lavender was a pleasant change from the Arko/Derby "citrus" I'm used to applying directly to my face when using a stick. The performance was superb, helped along by the Yaqi Beaux, which is a seriously good brush. Couple of weepers, but these were down to a tired Titan and driver error. Definitely one that will enter regular rotation. Thanks again, Leslie (y) :D
Fantastic shave and set up my friend! Happy you enjoyed the Spieck Stick.

Tuesday 5th October
Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Urban Viking - GEM Damaskeene - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Brut Attraction Totale A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
ypMgqtJ.jpg

Fantastic shave and set up my friend! Happy you enjoyed the Spieck Stick.
Loved it! It's definitely more than an away day toiletry bag soap. The performance is very good, and after the disappointment of my recent Derby stick trials, it was great to get a performance that exceeded my early experiences with the Arko. I still have an unopened Palmolive somewhere, but I doubt the Speick's quality will be surpassed by it!

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 5th October 2021

Shave Score 9.75

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Tabac Shower Gel
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Diamond (Courtesy of the Emporium :))
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: KAI (2)
Post Shave ASL: Barrister & Mann - Diamond
Post Shave Balm: Baxter’s
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: NA

Have a good Tuesday all :)

Joe

IMG_0238.jpeg

Tuesday October 5, 2021
Razor: IN Tarmax by Twhite
Blade: sChick
Brush: Fluffy Industries Copper
Soap: Tabac
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,063

Clearly I am failing at Open Combs for OCtober due to trial razors coming in to play with but will get to some soon as I can. Have a great day Everyone !!!
IMG_20211005_053558003_HDR.jpg

It's a nice scent Russ and performance is fine but I can't see myself reaching for it often. I've got the Azur Lime to try next. I can see moving these on the BST as a set of 3 (along with the preshave) to reduce the den numbers somewhat.
Thanks Chris , I have looked at them but I really enjoy the Red , so will stick with that.

Pre: hot shower
Soap: declaration grooming ? (Puzzle) - sample
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor stainless mongoose
Blade: feather AC pro (1)

best shave ever dare I say. Amazing 3 pass shave - so smooth and effortless. Definitely best one so far. I’m genuinely impressed with how well the ss mongoose shaves - even with feather pro on its first outing. Maybe it’s my perception being skewed but the razor felt around mid way on aggressiveness level. Definitely need to grab some feather super ac blades and try those in it.
The Mongoose is a great razor, Kai Pinks and MG were my preferred blades

05/10/21
Pre - Shower,
Brush - Simpson Duke 3
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade - GSB (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - CK Be
Wk 40 (4).JPG
Its a real shame that this model of the Blackbird has been discontinued, such a smooth efficient razor for me.
A really nice shave today, a face lather with the scritchy tipped Duke3 and OSP starting things off, 2 passes for a very comfortable DFS++, it was just not worth a touch up pass. These GSB blades work really well for me in most razors.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Tuesday October 5, 2021
Razor: IN Tarmax by Twhite
Blade: sChick
Brush: Fluffy Industries Copper
Soap: Tabac
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,063

Clearly I am failing at Open Combs for OCtober due to trial razors coming in to play with but will get to some soon as I can. Have a great day Everyone !!!
View attachment 77964
Great looking shave there Dave, right up my street. (y)

Tue 5th October

Cyril Salter MS. ED2BAND
Vitos Super Red
Occams Oren
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1)
Tuff A/S Lotion

Trying to decide on which Razor to travel with for a short UK trip away. Yesterday the Raster and a guarded blade was a bit mmm!, and today the Oren was a bit aggressive for different Shaving environment, maybe calm it down with a guarded blade tomorrow before making a final decision.

E7D1A04B-35EF-4645-B52B-2F30EFDBF54A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom