Monday 11th May (Nivea Night)

Pre Shave - Bath/Nivea Sensitive Shower Gel
Cream - Nivea Sensitive
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade - NOS English Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post - Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
EdT - Aramis

Nothing wrong with Nivea products - they do what you expect of them without shouting about it.
The Sensitive Shower Gel/ Body wash really helps to prepare my whiskers for a shave.
The Shave Cream is more than adequate in all departments, and the Post Shave Balm isn't thick and sticky like some others.

SOTD 12/05 - Gillette Adjustable (G2-1961), Vintage Personna Super Stainless, Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Citrus Musk, Alpha Shaving Outlaw 28mm Silvertip Badger

200512-SOTD.jpg

12/05/20

Razor: ATT SE1 Windsor
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: FS 28mm Silvertip
Soap: Extro Arzachena
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: Williams AV
ASB: RSC

IMG_20200511_154527.jpg

Maiden shave with the SE1. I've always wanted one of these (well, since I started wet shaving) and now I'm the proud owner of this one thanks to @morr

This lady didn't disappoint and did her work in 2 passes and I'm left with a DFS+. Looking forward to the other shaves with her. Usual top Extro performance and scent.

How's the AS-S2 Pat?

Morning Chris

The build quality of the AS-D2 is second to none. The shave was comfortable and smooth with no tugging at the whiskers .To achieve a close shave with the razor "it's all about getting the angle spot on",stray from that angle and it feels that you have forgotten to stick a blade in the razor. My first shave with the AS-D2 and i was rewarded with a very comfortable close shave and no appearance of any irritation .

12/05/20

Razor: ATT SE1 Windsor
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: FS 28mm Silvertip
Soap: Extro Arzachena
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: Williams AV
ASB: RSC

View attachment 54403

Maiden shave with the SE1. I've always wanted one of these (well, since I started wet shaving) and now I'm the proud owner of this one thanks to @morr

This lady didn't disappoint and did her work in 2 passes and I'm left with a DFS+. Looking forward to the other shaves with her. Usual top Extro performance and scent.

Good to hear that the SE1 didn't disappoint, Chris. I've had mine a long time ,defo a keeper.

Tabac Tuesday 12th SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 4th
Post Shave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid 1st use
What's not to like about Tabac...scent? Well...it's unique for sure but not that strong. The lather though is amazing. Creamily thick and slick. Face lathering with the brush was great.
Shave with the tech paired with blade was great. Smooth all the way for 3 multiple passes. No issues today. Postshave feels good. 9/10 rating!
20200512_071153.jpg
20200512_075035.jpg

Mike's ‘ Orange, Cedarwood, Black Pepper'
Shavemac TSR LE 2015
ATT R2 Hempel titanium barberpole
Astra SP #3
Fine ‘L'Orange Noir' AS

Slow two pass shave as I find the teeth on the open comb to be rough on the face unlike Timeless razor heads, the result was excellent and a splash of the orange citrus aftershave compliments the soap well.

12/05/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Balm: Tony'schin's Neroli & Orange infused Argan Oil, Nivea Sensitive Balm
Aftershave: OSP Neroli
Wk 20 (4)a.jpg
2 passes was all that was needed today, The Blackbird is very usable with the OC plate although i could not use it as a daily driver (YMMV), it really gives a close shave and i have to take extra care when using it. The Rapira PL seems to work well for me in it, although, 1 more shave and out as i would not push this combination.
Everything else in the shave worked really well so i am BBS, Soft , comfortable and smelling real good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Feather AS-D2 / Personna Med Prep
SOC 2 Band Taj
Tabac
Thayers Rose Petal
Tabac Aftershave

View attachment 54396
Would it be correct to say the Feather AS-D2 is a better built version of the gillette tech?

___________________________​

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - Traditional Shave Co. Silver tip Badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (2)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I had quite a bit of feedback today from the Alum in my sideburn area, which was unexpected. Other than that a CCS. I'm going to use this cream up and use the tub for an imminent purchase of MWF.
Good day to you all.

IMG_7610.jpg

Would it be correct to say the Feather AS-D2 is a better built version of the gillette tech?

___________________________​

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - Traditional Shave Co. Silver tip Badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (2)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I had quite a bit of feedback today from the Alum in my sideburn area, which was unexpected. Other than that a CCS. I'm going to use this cream up and use the tub for an imminent purchase of MWF.
Good day to you all.

View attachment 54408

Yes,I haven't shaved with my fat handled Tech for a while and bear in mind that this was my first shave with the AS-D2.The shave felt similar,the AS-D2 was slightly smoother .

Back
Top Bottom