SOTD : Saturday 09th May - Friday 15th May 2020

Bwah ha ha ha! Fine meme there Chris.

Not sure how long I'll be able to take not shaving my cheeks as even though it's only been about a week since I stopped shaving them but my face is so itchy!
You'll have to invest in beard conditioner. The next rabbit hole! No doubt there's a part of the internet where men collect huge amounts of that stuff and argue over which releases are the best.

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

EJ89 with white lined rubber handle/Iridium super
Col Conk superbadger
JF. Floris shaving soap (a earlier version)
no after shave needed
Jacomo de Jacomo vintage juice (90% strength)

The Floris soap's an older version with Potassium Palmate listed first and it's been used mabe 10-12 times so far with nice results. Better than average performance and easy enough to lather. Scent is weak from being NOS but not sealed in the box. Still, for $20 shipped in the bowl I'm pleased with the purchase.

Whew, this EdT is a blast! Juice is the older version with a LOT of scent and good silage. Reminds me of the 80s.....a real powerhouse frag with oakmoss and patchouli in the mix.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Floris.jpg
    Floris.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 6
You'll have to invest in beard conditioner. The next rabbit hole! No doubt there's a part of the internet where men collect huge amounts of that stuff and argue over which releases are the best.

I used to use a few drops of almond oil which used to work well from what I remember. My whole point of having a beard was to avoid grooming/buying products so I hope I don't go down the rabbit hole of beard conditioners! I'm planning to keep this particular beard for not too long, when lockdown's over I will get rid off it!

Tuesday AM 2020-05-12

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage)
Gillette New Long Comb/Bob's Razor Works Bull Mastiff
Schick Super Chromium (6)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
11QtHnf.jpg

Tue 12th May.

RazoRock 400. SE Plissoft noir
Lea Classic soap
TNNSER - 3D
Gem S/S ( 4 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Quite a good Shave with this rather modern- 3D printed Razor. Shave wise probably
equal to many Vintage SEs, though regrowth seems rather rapid compared to the likes of the Streamline.

D1C225DF-C2EE-41BD-ACE1-7C41E294983B.jpeg

I have been having a lot of fun getting the knack of shaving with my Feather SS Kamisori but wanted to grab a DE for today! What a gem this one is too! Found by my bride at a thrift store in extra minty condition cased! Loaded up with a fresh Gillette Rubie Platinum.

Soap of the day First Line Shave Red which is a phenomenal cologne based scent and a dupe of Dior's Fahrenheit. I love this soap and the matching AS. Spoken often about the company look them up!

Beautiful three pass BBS shave achieved! Topped it off with the matching AS and a healthy spritz of D&G The One. What a great shave! Enjoy your day and stay safe!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1948-50
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Lather: First Line Shave Red
Aftershave: First Line Shave Red
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Dolce & Gabbana The One
C2BDA3F2-C1C7-41B5-A7EB-99182C445EB6.jpeg

Today saw a shave with the theme 'Kittencide'. A basket of fluffy kittens meet a Single Edged razor.

This is the same shave as a couple of SOTD's back so instead of a photo of some shaving gear I give you a photo of a wicker basket full of some cute fluffy kittens in the style of @patw

IMG_20200512_191429.jpg

Looks like the one on the far right has met a razor prior to this shave and done a bit of a Vincent Van Gogh on itself.

Razorcide - Long handled brass General
Whisker remover - Kai Captain
A brush with death - Razorock 400
Shaving scream - Gentleman's Tonic

And yet another super result from these very tried and tested accoutrements. Once again I will say, Gentleman's Tonic. A God amongst shaving creams.

Feeling wonderfully shaven, heavenly clean and ready for my date with a cat like lady....

Not quite what I expected, but hey, Meooooooooow.

Something different

Last edited:
Today saw a shave with the theme 'Kittencide'. A box of fluffy kittens meet a Single Edged razor.

This is the same shave as a couple of SOTD's back so instead of a photo some shaving gear I give you a photo of a cardboard box full of some cute fluffy kittens in the style of @patw

View attachment 54426

Looks like the one on the far right has met a razor prior to this shave and done a bit of a Vincent Van Gogh on itself.

And yet another super result from these very tried and tested accoutrements. Once again I will say, Gentleman's Tonic. A God amongst shaving creams.

Feeling wonderfully shaven, heavenly clean and ready for my date with a cat like lady....

Something different

Today saw a shave with the theme 'Kittencide'. A box of fluffy kittens meet a Single Edged razor.

This is the same shave as a couple of SOTD's back so instead of a photo some shaving gear I give you a photo of a cardboard box full of some cute fluffy kittens in the style of @patw

View attachment 54426

Something different

Purrfect

Good Evening

Tonight's little ensemble as follows;

Pre. Myrsol Emulsion
Brush. Omega Boar
Soap. Extro Cosmesi Egyptian Oud
Razor. Rockwell 6S (R3)
Blade. Astra SP (3)
Post. Alum block, @BartsBalm Lime
Splash. Floïd Mentally Suave

First time I've used this blade with the 6S, All went well apart from a little mild irritation on the right side of the neck which is quite common for me.
I'm almost sure this blade gives me a better shave with the EJ89 though. Something to consider in the future I suppose.
All rounded off with Barts great balm and a nice splash of Floïds Suave.

Have a great evening.

1589313451173.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom