SOTD : Saturday 11th August - Friday 17th August 2018.

Sunday AM 2018-08-12

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving soap (vintage)
RazoRock Mamba/UFO Titan Fine
Personna 74 Tungsten (10)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm
xSfFFkR.jpg

Sunday 12th August

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
YaqI 2 Band Marble Handle
Blackland Dart
English Wilkinson Sword (2)
Lavender witch hazel (home mix)
L'oreal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Balm
Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus ASL
YSL Kouros EdT

screen capture program

I finally got my YaqI 2 Band back from my son yesterday and couldn't wait to use it.
I had forgotten how bulbous this brush is, but it was a pleasure to face lather with.
Three days growth to remove today.
My second shave with the Dart went without any weepers.
For me, this razor shaves closer and feels more aggressive than my.R41. I would like to hear others views on this.
A WTG pass with it could leave me looking clean shaven for at least a day.
Finished with Proraso Green and Kouros - feeling refreshed and invigorated.

Enjoy your Sunday

(Can you tell I've got the house to myself today? !!!)

As I'm sure you are aware the Dart's reviews have been all over the place. Shane state's it's mid aggressive.
The majority of feedback I've read disagree and say it's an aggressive razor and I agree.

I found it very efficient, up there with the R41. Blade feel was in the same ballpark too. I had to be so careful and use lightest of touches which caused quicker regrowth than usual.

3 shaves and it was out the door. Not for me.

As I'm sure you are aware the Dart's reviews have been all over the place. Shane state's it's mid aggressive.
The majority of feedback I've read disagree and say it's an aggressive razor and I agree.

I found it very efficient, up there with the R41. Blade feel was in the same ballpark too. I had to be so careful and use lightest of touches which caused quicker regrowth than usual.

3 shaves and it was out the door. Not for me.

I find I am "wary" shaving my neck area with it. As you say, aggressiveness and blade feel are very noticeable.
I would go so far as to say it's more aggressive than the R41.
If the blade angle was altered a little it would feel a whole lot safer to use

Full service today. Haircut and shave in preparation for work tomorrow.
Preshave: prep
Brush: omega 49
Soap: wickham le bleu
Razor: gillette rocket HD
Blade: gillette platinum light blue
Aftershave: wickham club cola balm
EDT: guerlain l'homme ideal cologne

Excellent shave today. Definitely star of a shave was balm. Excellent product more like a gel than a balm. Calms and smooths skin very well. Few sparys of guerlain to finish things right way.
d3ed3d2371d84fb7e7bddf718613c956.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sunday 12th August PM

692e3f594ac4a10adec94df33ef24092.jpg

Prep: Warm splash, Nivea Sensitive Face Wash then BBA Shaving Oil
Cream: Nivea Sensitive
Brush: ES Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (5)
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber then Nivea 2 Phase followed by Next Signature Nuit EdT.

A Nivea theme tonight. Using the Nivea cream from the Newbie Pass Around Box it lathered up effortlessly. The distinctive fresh Nivea scent from the face wash and the shaving cream taking hold. The lather was nice and slick with plenty coming from a pea-sized amount.

Sticking to yesterday's blade directions, I went ahead with a 3 pass shave again. No problems. Effortless and comfortable.

Razor buffing my problem neck areas was straightforward and resulted in a BBS shave all over.

A rinse, lather-up with the leftovers, cold rinse and splash of Thayers. My skin felt great. Applied the Nivea 2 Phase with a very slight sting around the goatee area which disappeared in seconds giving a sharp clean face. Spray on wrists and back of neck with Next Signature Nuit EdT and done.

Great shave. My technique is coming on and I'm loving trying out the different creams and soaps. Mesmerising.

Hope you've all had a great weekend! All the best folks. [emoji482]

20180812_190357-jpg.34332

REX Ambassador
Polsilver
Zenith Manchurian
Wickhams Ninfeo di Egeria (sample)*
Myrsol Emulsion

*The Wickhams sample was kindly gifted to me by @Shaverrific666 AKA Chris. Thanks mate.
thumbsup.gif

I'm in the very small minority which don't get along with Wickhams soaps. I've rated some of the scents but I've not been a fan of the soap base.

I found the scent strength to be weak and not particularly pleasant while creating the lather. Thankfully it did improve when applying to the face. The scent was ok but nothing special.
I whipped up what looked to be a good lather but I found performance on all levels poor. Post shave I found very drying too. My face was a little tender in places but is starting to calm down now.

Have a good week gents.
Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom