SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

SOTD : 11th June 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Erasmic Shave cream.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D1)
Razor: Gem Micromatic. (OC)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

( Vintage SE Razor & Birthday presents Week.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...carry on with with another vintage SE razor week. Starting with the Gem Micromatic OC...Like all my other vintage SE razors my shaving angle is almost sliding flat against the skin using short strokes with each pass..It does take a few shave's to adjust using vintage SE razors, but it's well worth the effort to do so.

What i like about vintage SE & injector razors is the rigid stability & thickness of the blades which helps to eliminate blade chatter, and gives wonderful audio feedback whilst shaving.

The Gem Micromatic OC is the most efficient of all my vintage SE razors that mows down my face and stubble with effortless ease...However as with any razor i have mentioned in many of my posting's, regardless if it's aggressive or non-aggressive, respect good technique, shaving confidence, & near-no pressure is essential.

The Erasmic Shave cream, P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL is one of two bottle's, along with two Milton Lloyd EDT sprays. i got as birthday present's from family and friends..The O.S. Hawkridge ASL has a musky spice scent which paired together with the mild scented Erasmic Shave cream very nicely.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face and precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 11 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade Shick Super Stainless New and 1st use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
One of my favorite Stirling Soaps!! Marvelous invigorating scent, nice cooling sensation, rich creamy and slick lather...
Today's shave with both vintage blade and razor was awesome! The blade feels so silky smooth in the razor! It was efficient too. 3passes for a bbs finish with some unfortunate micro creepers. Would have been a perfect shave but it was so comfortable that I pushed abit...and suffers the consequence...ahahaha! The matching aftershave was super good!
20220611_124959.jpg

Saturday’s Shave

CVDxOuo.png

Alpha Claymore Evolution / Fearher Pro
Restored Rubberset 200-4 28mm 2BED Fan
P&B Albion Shaving Soap / Lucky Tiger Aftershave

SOTD 11-June
20220611_093310.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Synthetic Bristle
Soap: PAA Speakeasy
Razor: MMOC
Blade: GEM PTFE

Good shave this morning, went a little over the top ATG so felt a wee bit of a tingle with the AS but nothing hectic. Good smooth finish, now I have the joy of taking my little one to a 4 year olds birthday party, wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

EDB9103A-177F-434D-A51A-5507981A829B.jpeg
SOTD: 11/06/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond, 1st use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 3 Puck
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely smooth shave as ever from the Masamune. The HWF hasn’t been used enough for such a great quality soap, I really need to narrow my soaps down a bit it’s at over 40 now so I’m not seeing some for over a month! My little restored Omega is still a star and going strong thanks to @shaunwistow and his restoration!
Have a great weekend guys!

Saturday:

This random selection using Excel doesn't really appear to be that random! Latigo has been selected at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Not really complaining as I like it.

I decided that for the final week of the 40 year anniversary of remembrance I would break out a NOS 80s Gillette blade to go in the Tech.

Had a very smooth shave, DFS with no pick ups needed after 3 passes. I suppose to be more realistic I should just use normal soap, as that's what the lads down there would have used, but then again, I really can't be arsed shaving out of mess tins, so I'll skip that one!

Have a good day all!

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_183902__01.jpg
    IMG_20220610_183902__01.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 8
Sotd 11/06
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA Droid black
Splash: PAA Droid black
Balm: Droid black star jelly
Alum bloc
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: permasharp 2nd use
Bowl: wet the face

Had a great shave this morning 6 days growth and went with Droid black really nice scent on this one and as expected the soap performed great Razor wise I went with the Rex usually I find this razor aggressive but I had a brilliant shave with it paired with the permasharp worked great have a great weekend folks

1st pass setting 4
2nd pass setting 3
3d pass setting 2
20220611_102354.jpg20220611_102804.jpg20220611_104337.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

It’s rare these days, that I’m tempted to buy a new soap (I have far too many) but on seeing this one being used and described last week, I simply had to buy it; A&E's The Undersea.

The Undersea has a lovely fresh scent of Japanese grapefruit, Calabrian bergamot, fresh osmanthus and “wonderful marine notes.” It’s the closest I’ve found to my favourite P&B Trafalgar, maybe sweeter and less marine. Nonetheless, the citrus scents, which are subtle, made this an instant favourite. With the Kaizen formulation, it produced a superb lather.

I’d not shaved for longer than usual so decided to use the Rex Envoy with a new Voskhod, and what with the protection of the soap, I had a brilliant shave. Hurrah!

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: A&E The Undersea
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: None needed
Bowl: Face lather

11/06/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT

Wk24  (1).JPG
I did enjoy that.
A new Pro blade in the KAI makes it a smooth and very efficient tool.
A single pass with some touch up on the chin and whirlpools was all that was required today, producing a DFS+ finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom