SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Sun 12th June

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Ach Brito Mogno
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 3 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

Needed a nice easy Shave today as out officiating all day. Today chose The Enoch which is good, but I sometimes get the cutting angle wrong especially around the neck. However, no problems today so I am quite pleased with the quality of the finished Shave.

0737CADD-45B1-4AAC-8AF6-A9D3DDBAC92D.jpeg

Sunday 12th June
Pal Deluxe Injectomatic - Personna Stainless Coated #3 - Zenith 506 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
ICWxcms.jpg

SOTD 12-June
20220608_164342.jpg
Brush: Captain 2 Manchurian
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Schick Proline P-30

Very close shave this morning, went for a 3 pass run for the first time in a while with the Tedalus. I could have gone for 2 and a couple of touch ups but thought why not. Ended up with an exceptionally smooth finish.

Ready and raring for the day ahead (now I've recovered from the trauma of the party yesterday). Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

F93BCA30-B6CB-47AF-A501-3E70EBA9610D.jpegD9A6C7AA-5679-479C-837A-A88AD8B3A7DD.jpeg
SOTD: 12/06/2022

Razor: Above The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 9th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Acqua De Genova Wellbeing Soap Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Acqua di Genova soap challenge was off to a pretty successful start, it’s a bit of an airy soap but a bit of a work and I got a good lather, it’s slicker than the airy lather made me imagine it would be and it has a lovely light scent. It’s a nice hard puck and has made me want to find more traditional style soaps that are hard like this too, not that I’m short of soaps or in danger of them running out!
Many thanks again to @Satanfriendly
Here’s another Band Maid video to say thanks!

Two shaves in a row linked by Leodis…

Saturday 11 June

Signature Soaps Leodis
PAA Amber Aerolite
Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Silver Blue
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

47E1FBF3-0286-4A84-960C-45C672C73627.jpeg
A super smooth shave with the Karve E plate and GSB. The Signature soap provided excellent cushion and slick, and the Leodis splash gave a tasteful finish. I love this scent.

Sunday 12 June

Signature Soaps Leodis
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

898294C0-3374-46CD-9FE1-5A7C26664CF0.jpeg
Another wonderful Sunday shave with the Vector, two passes and an easy, smooth result. The Yaqi Heavy Metal is tiny compared to yesterday’s PAA brush, but still holds its own producing plentiful lather with the magnificent Leodis soap. A great start to the day.

IMG_20220611_114658.jpg

IMG_20220611_114757.jpgEdwin Jagger 3one6
Polsilver
Simpsons T3
Martin De Candre Natural
Myrsol Emulsion
Acqua Di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria EDT

Didn't have time to post this yesterday as I going "out-out" and I'm out again tonight to see Bob Mould.
What a whirlwind of a weekend. I've had to book tomorrow off to recover (no joke).

Well last night's shave which if I don't get in quick enough will end up as my first next week. Blame wine, women and naff Jason Statham movies. So here it is and themed 'Next week's SOTD'

20220611_160547.jpg

A razor for all seasons - Occam's Enoch
A blade for any day you like - Schick Proline
A daft as a brush whenever you want - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Last night's soap which may well be used next week - Penhaligon's Bayolea
And a scent for which day you choose - Guerlain Homme

'On the web. Take a note, 90% discount at Boycie's shaving Emporium. What rocket?'

A fantastic return to the Enoch and I stick by my words. Get this one on song after losing a few finger tips, and it is a very hard act to beat. Despite it's quirky side and dodgy loading it always delivers close and comfortable shaves. It does have an aggressive slant to its nature, but nothing which can't be tamed. Brilliant stuff.

The Bayolea remains probably my favourite 'hard soap' and it is a shame Penhaligon's turned their backs on it. It simply ticks all the right boxes and a superb scent to go with it all. Delivered by the very competent and pleasurable Whiskey barrel brush bearing one of the best synthetic knots I have met to date.

End results were better than the Stratham movie and smelling totally divine by the time I left the bathroom and tucked in to a bottle of Spanish white. At least I got it all in the right order.

Hope your weekends are going well and have a wonderful week ahead.

Since @LeeMaz appears to being swayed towards the Japanese side of life and musical ladies, I return his kind complement with a Band Maid track for himself......

View attachment 89221View attachment 89222
SOTD: 12/06/2022

Razor: Above The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 9th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Acqua De Genova Wellbeing Soap Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Acqua di Genova soap challenge was off to a pretty successful start, it’s a bit of an airy soap but a bit of a work and I got a good lather, it’s slicker than the airy lather made me imagine it would be and it has a lovely light scent. It’s a nice hard puck and has made me want to find more traditional style soaps that are hard like this too, not that I’m short of soaps or in danger of them running out!
Many thanks again to @Satanfriendly
Here’s another Band Maid video to say thanks!

And a great choice of song by them

Sunday 12th June

EJ 23mm STF2 - Meißner Lavender de Luxe - Supply V1(...)/Personna - Pour un Homme de Caron EDT

Over the past few weeks I have been using just the first thing which came to hand. I just couldn't be bothered with anything more structured. Coming up to retirement....my employer has delivered some challenging shift patterns as they don't have to worry about hanging on to me..The EJ DE89 served me well but I need to give myself a shake and be a little more focused so I used a different setup!

Today's shave was just lovely. 3 passes for an excellent result:)

Sunday, 12 June

PreShave: Warm water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Coconut
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Mekur 39C
Blade GSB (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris JF

A good, three-pass shave; took my time and prepped well, so the result was a BBS outcome. The blade helped, too. (I bought a tuck to try, now time to pick up more.) Enjoy your Sunday.

Prep; washed face with Bull dog face wash in Warm water.
Brush; omega boar.
Blade; Nacet #2
Razor: RazorRock Gamechanger 0.84P
Soap: Signature soaps Wicstun
ASB; none
AS; None
Moisturiser; Cerave Moisturiser
Back to 3 pass shave but with a light touch. Excellent BBS result. G F Trumpers kindly sent me free of charge 5 samples of thier AS's including Eucris( the James Bond scent) ; the wife thought i smelt like an old person. I need to find a scent that reflects my personality- clueless, lazy and boring. Hope you all have great and good Sunday

Sotd-12-06-22.png

Slim Aristocrat (4)
Treet Trig Silver (1)
Simpson Special best
M&T Lavender De Luxe
warm water
Quorum a/s
Homme de Caron edt.

Great, head shave and a five day growth to remove. I feel so much more human. I'm sending one of my Slims to a fellow member for him to try before buying his own, so thought to use the other one myself. Classic for a reason really in my view. Faultess. Have a good week all - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom