SOTD: Saturday 13th January - Friday 19th January 2018.

Monday AM 2018-01-15

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle (Hamada and Persimmon)
Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24mm/54mm)
Figaro P.160 shaving soap (tallow)/Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdT (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass L1/Triad Brass Aristocrat
Polsilver Super Iridium (10)
Azzaro aftershave
QEhznda.jpg

Date: 16 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat 9x ----> (use the puck like a stick shaving on your face and the lather just explode not too airy just thick & slick)
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

I can feel the GEM blade is coming to the end of finish line, I believe this blade can sqeeze one more to a total of 10 shaves per blade using the bullet tip and that is it.

I'm very please using the vintage GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip and this was my very first GEM single edge razor in chrome plating, which has been an amazing experiences throughout my shaves and I really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to used the GEM Micromatic open comb next, also the GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf coming soon by via Internationl Postage, this is going to be a very interesting shaving experience using the GEM Micromatic open comb and the Clog-Pruf.

Also I received an amazing reply from my own mother and my girlfriend both saying that my face looks younger and moisturising like a completely bright fresh clean smooth face like a smooth
215079g923g99vxm.gif
, I told them I've been using Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap for nearly a week and I also told them I didn't used any moisturising cream. They both went completely gob-smack and didn't realise this was a shaving soap, what else can I tell you guys because you can't beat the FAT!! you MUST have the FAT!! in your den.

Last edited:
15th January 2018

Charcoal Soap

Meißner Tremonia Strong & Scottish Rasierpaste
Maggard Granite (26mm) Synthetic
Windrose Darwin Slant & Feather Hi-Stainless (3)
One Pass - WTG

tnL-LlT3VtyTj5BE1sbC_iOWn9U7Mdjd4t4cfL7c-mh8vV-rVuLDzLJ2JtTiki4L2iPuI-jCM1ajgdGs6pTBV58QY20Q4AhHphqeNsgcI6coLV2DjGpqkwqK__8jQCeQe1BOi1JRAz9dSCOJvv9uelHxBmHDcfw2-NptdcDyGScD-VEkyRASoReYVSlOASpk06a_8B8LxVFQWGEiKsfqduk6UIyFZaE8mjQbn73a5BE5iUbbRDvDzHF92XDAV9UGrc580vP4lmVUPJK-tnhBPetLG3a-AUfbqktAArfbIofLx93e9jb3wsQxwzJxnXxoMBUQlXMjNSk9_dvCuLKm6kzw8qrc6yw48Axxx2-JTmuTJDzDX0Kc2AXkdcNt-J7PCWASxZ7D8fobXXcttxRl8FGcPsN4lgcxkjpBcfeCVJBDnvhp-iHOLEPeFLxRklKLNTdK0O0FPTrxYX2l54-4z0r6Q_MR7_OSV19lpjEV63WtDhGtw4eWNTXkC3dIVFFD5WAfQZX3hTRcV6q7Rp36ltiW3_jJfzwbcjeFXq72kbS2cG2UeVb6r3-3YJ60qMJZdgxXDhWQYnJSnpt3x-RhgiYq69k3HOWAtxq2DUu8aad2ZzSaCrf-PeYbQIpgBnka_-pczSaEj26KS5dOoi7XjRtJ6Z36iTAM=s1600-no

Hot Rinse & Hot Shower
Prep Derma-Protective Cream
Meißner Tremonia Strong & Scottish Aftershave
Meißner Tremonia Strong & Scottish (Aftershave) Hair Tonic​

Last edited:
SOTD 150118
SOTD 140118 7.jpg

Razor 1: Rolls
Razor 2: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Schick #3
Brush: Simpsons 2XL the Colonel
Soap: P&B Spitfire
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

My first experience with a Rolls razor and I am afraid it was not a good one. Despite honing and stropping the blade it was still dull so requires some professional attention. 2 passes of sorts and put it down for another day. It was dragging badly across the skin. It reminds me of straight shaving with a stick. :D
I relied on the amazing PAL adjustable set at "R" most aggressive to get me out of trouble and bring me to a BBS shave after 2 passes.

The brush is good. It has soft tips, plenty of backbone and a little scritch. The only problem this evening was I had to reload half way through the shave.

I think the soap requires no explanation from me. It is awesome, end of. :)

Finished with the BB Balm and a generous splash of Cade.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Seville
Razor: UFO Tornado / Colonial General
Blade: Kamisori (1)
EdT: Penhaligon's Castile

Flew home, and straight back into Joyce, who is no longer a tropical cyclone but now a massive rain-bearing depression.
So, wet as a shag again. Nothing a good shave couldn't fix. The H3 brush is a favourite of mine - a 30mm knot of beautifully soft badger with just enough backbone for my tastes. The Seville was whipped into voluminous quantities of lovely lather, setting the scene for a great welcome-home shave.
First time out for the Kamisori SE blade in the General. I found it to have a slightly rougher blade feel than the Feather Pro, but it still did a decent job. 3 Passes and a few buffs for nearly BBS - found a wee patch not quite as smooth on my jawline when applying the Emulsion post-shave. Finishing with the refreshing and elegant Castile scent.

Date: 16 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat 9x ----> (use the puck like a stick shaving on your face and the lather just explode not too airy just thick & slick)
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

I can feel the GEM blade is coming to the end of finish line, I believe this blade can sqeeze one more to a total of 10 shaves per blade using the bullet tip and that is it.

I'm very please using the vintage GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip and this was my very first GEM single edge razor in chrome plating, which has been an amazing experiences throughout my shaves and I really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to used the GEM Micromatic open comb next, also the GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf coming soon by via Internationl Postage, this is going to be a very interesting shaving experience using the GEM Micromatic open comb and the Clog-Pruf.

Also I received an amazing reply from my own mother and my girlfriend both saying that my face looks younger and moisturising like a completely bright fresh clean smooth face like a smooth
215079g923g99vxm.gif
, I told them I've been using Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap for nearly a week and I also told them I didn't used any moisturising cream. They both went completely gob-smack and didn't realise this was a shaving soap, what else can I tell you guys because you can't beat the FAT!! you MUST have the FAT!! in your den.
They also do Bath and toilet soap,which is nice.

Tuesday 16th January

Olive Oil Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Vitos Green Soap
Yaqi 24mm Chubby Style Synthetic Brush
Executive Shaving Claymore V2 on a Windrose Handle
Proline-P Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Denim Original AS

2 passes and a small touch up for a beautiful smooth shave. The Claymore certainly has some heft when compared to the R41!

Back
Top Bottom