SOTD: Saturday 13th January - Friday 19th January 2018.

SOTD: 16th January 2018.
+C 3.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Pears ~ Transparent Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077 .

Face Lather.

Soap: Tabac.

Blade: Ladas. (1)

Razor: Merkur 39C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./~The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Old Spice ~ Classic A/S.

Greetings,
It's been a while since i last used the Tabac soap and ladas blade, so today i matched it up with merkur 39c slant, and hey! what a excellent combo, i could feel the blade,for sure, but it caused no reason for concern, as it just mowed through my stubble effortlessly, the performance.slickness and post shave feeling from the Tabac soap was superb.
A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of old Spice~classic a/s.

My face is feeling very smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD_20180116.jpg

• Safety Razor: Blackland - Blackbird SB
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Brad Sears Shave Works - 28mm Cobalt & Disco Haze Archduke 2 (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Blu

Tue 16th Jan
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super red
Schick I 1
Schick Japanese Twin ( 8 )
Myrsol Antesol A/S lotion

Anyone who uses Injector razors must at least once try a Twin blade in those Razors that take them.Many of the latter Schicks were designed to be used with them,especially the Adjustable.
They fit most models I onwards except the Hydro Matics, they do not fit either PAL Razor.

Today I used the quite neat Type I1,rather a contrast to many of the later long handled models.A very nice positive Shave, one really notices the second blade doing its work.Overall a smooth comfortable Shave with a great all round finish.

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~ Tuesday 16th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Lush Snowcake soap
Razor ~ Tarara Masamune , closed comb
Blade ~ Lodz Polsilver Stainless (nos)
Soap ~ Figaro P.160 Tipo Normale
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal
Scent ~ Guerlain Jicky EDT

My last shave with this wonderful razor, it did what was asked of it and it did it well. A full report to follow in the lending pool section.
The P.160 was of course outstanding as was the finnish to my shave , a few sprays of my wonderful Jicky to set me up for the day ahead.

It's wet and windy so take care.......:)

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave

One day growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)
Soap: OSP Fougere
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Alum Sensitive Cooling followed by Michael Kors EDT.

Perma-Sharp Super Test

Day 2

Just as I thought yesterday, the Perma-Sharp Super is similar to the Voskhod in that, for me, it takes a day to ‘break in'.

Had a comfortable 3 passes this morning with no issues. However, as mentioned yesterday, I am finding the blade a little sharper (thus more aggressive) than the two prior tested and so my skin is feeling slightly irritated (it does not last long). Apart from that, again, a very close shave – at present liking this blade.

Cheers,

Brian

Happy New Year to all After trying out serval new toys soaps and cents I received at Christmas today's SOTD has me using some of my fav stuff

Usual pre shave shower and face prep

Brush 404 and my bideford personalised shave bowl

Stirling soap not one of my fav

Sledgehammer 39c fitted up new Astra blade

Alum block and cold water rinse

Wickham Classic 24 balm

28987E9C-D778-4992-9EC4-38268797819B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom