SOTD : Saturday 13th October - Friday 19th October 2018.

SOTD 20181019.

pHk02Ak.jpg

M Keramiek / APShaveCo SynBad.
Czech&Speake Oxford&Cambridge shaving soap (sample).
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Shapu Super Stainless (8).
Rebul "Lavanda" EdC.

So exactly the same, plus I remembered my hot flannel, and it's the second shave for the Feather.

Much better this time, but still not as nice as with the Silver Blues or Lodz Polsilvers, but the result was still a very smooth finish.

Perhaps the Feathers just aren't my thing.
My skin type gets on with most of the DE blades,i've tried however, i don't like feather blades, i find them a little rough, and i have 'rhino's arse' skin type , i find aggressive blades pair together well with non-aggressive razor, & vice versa.With all of my fresh de blades before using them, i palm strop them to take away any hidden burrs, or imaginary ones from the blade edges...It works for me, give it try.
Regards. B

Last edited:
Prep- hot shower
Razor- Rockwell 6c (r4)
Blade- Voskhod (1)
Brush- yaqi 28mm tuxedo
Soap- L'occitaine Cade
Post- alum block cold water rinse
Balm- none
A/S- Arko gold

Incredible shave today. Up there with one of the best ever. The Rockwell seems to love the voskhod blades. 3 passes bbs. Zero irritation. Broke out the Cade to see how the yaqi would perform on a triple milled soap. Flawless.
20181019_113840.jpg

19 October

TSF Corte Sabauda
Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
MÜHLE R89 with iKon bulldog handle
Feather Hi-stainless
Proraso green asl

FD041A57-4727-40C8-8A0B-C5AE39E2E2EC.jpeg
The Yaqi brush produced abundant lather with the TFS soap. The MÜHLE R89 head paired with an iKon handle provided a fine two pass shave. A good start to the day.

19 October

TSF Corte Sabauda
Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
MÜHLE R89 with iKon bulldog handle
Feather Hi-stainless
Proraso green asl

View attachment 39005
The Yaqi brush produced abundant lather with the TFS soap. The MÜHLE R89 head paired with an iKon handle provided a fine two pass shave. A good start to the day.

Nice. After having a go with my DE89 on an iKon OSS handle and preferring it to the stock one, I'm sat waiting for an iKon Bulldog 2 handle to arrive.

The iKon bulldog handle (80mm or 85mm) is a firm favourite of mine. I'm sure you'll love it.

Mine just arrived (the 85mm one). I wasn't sure I'd like the satin finish but they don't do the 85mm Bulldog in polished / mirrored. The satin looks better in the flesh than I expected. I didn't think it was possible to be so thrilled by a razor handle. We are easily pleased !

Holiday Shaves

Omega s10005 Syn
Haslinger Honig
Schick I 1
Schick Twin -Japan
La Toja A/S Lotion [Travel Size ]

Found that my choice of back up Travel Razor took the starring role this week. The Shorter handle allowed me
to get close in to the mirror, in what was a relatively dark bathroom. With no rush I was able to have really Smooth and Comfortable Shaves, all with a great close finish. Due to an early flight, I missed out my Daily Shave, the first time in nearly 3 years. Faced with Two days of heavy growth, I was more than pleased with the ease the Razor/ Blade Combo annihilated the growth, leaving me rather Dolphin Smooth.

On our last night having a meal in a restaurant overlooking the sea, we actually saw Dolphins mingling with the Ferry Boats. We did manage to see some of the Major Sights of Istanbul, but though quite cool found it quite tiring , so had to miss a few things out.

IMG_0282.jpg

image.jpg

~SOTD~ October 19th

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Gliceranoina Soap
Razor ~ Blackland Blackbird SB Polished
Blade ~ Vintage Gillette Rubie - Made in London
Soap ~ Eufros Badass - ATG LE
Brush ~ Zennith 28mm Manchurian
Post ~ Eufros Badass Balm
Scent ~ 97 Saffron Musk Attar ~ Mellfluence

Have a great weekend people

P.