SOTD Saturday 13th to Friday 19th August 2016

ITL2zJX.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glycerine Soap
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 4)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Palmolive
Aftershave: Alum & Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

MR GLO really adds to the Palmolive soap, adding a huge amount of slickness that might be missing.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Barbaros TR-1
Blade – Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap – Mike's Natural
Post - Witch Hazel

Well, there I was, all set for a shave with the Hone, and the Barbaros TR-1 comes knocking at the door... So,WOW... slightly more aggressive than I thought...I was thinking it would be similar to the Weber with a GSB...Smooth, don't get me wrong, but it definitely took me by surprise... need to find a milder blade.

My first post on SOTD so here goes.

Prep: Shower and used L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre shave oil: King of Shaves (green bottle).
Brush: Razorock Pilssoft
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino tundra artica
Postshave: Hot and cold water rise and Thayers unscented Witch Hazel.
Aftershave balm: Saponificio Varesino tundra artica.

Had issues with the lather again. This is nothing to do with the soap, just my inexperience. The soap dissipated quickly on the face. I'm finding the amount of water to use to be a fine balancing act. Going to try some glycerine, as suggested by a member from this Parish.
Although I had a few issues, including blade alignment (note to self. "Put your glasses on when fitting the blade") the finished shave was very good and no blood or irritation.
The aftershave balm is very nice BTW.
I hope that wasn't too long winded.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Last edited:
My first post on SOTD so here goes.

Prep: Shower and used L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre shave oil: King of Shaves (green bottle).
Brush: Razorock Pilssoft
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino tundra artica
Postshave: Hot and cold water rise and Thayers unscented Witch Hazel.
Aftershave balm: Saponificio Varesino tundra artica.

Had issues with the lather again. This is nothing to do with the soap, just my inexperience. The soap dissipated quickly on the face. I'm finding the amount of water to use to be a fine balancing act. Going to try some glycerine, as suggested by a member from this Parish.
Although I had a few issues (including blade alignment) the finished shave was very good and no blood or irritation.
The aftershave balm is very nice BTW.
I hope that wasn't too long winded.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Very well put!

Sat 13th August
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Lea Classic soap
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick Single [3 - Japan ]
Alum Rub & Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S

Have had a few days with The Schick Adjustable/ Twin Blade , and today went for the PAL. I think I might have got slightly closer shaves with the Schick , but I found that I preferred the feel and handling of the PAL .

IMG_0794.jpg

Saturday 13th
Cadman Custom Synthetic
OSP - Eucalyptus, Tea Tree & Menthol
Schick Adjustable
Schick (Chinese) #1
Alum > Alcolado Glacial Splash
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
G|Bellini - X-Bolt EDT
IMG_20160812_212928.jpg

OSP Eucalyptus, Tea Tree & Menthol:
What more can I say. James's @OSP soap formula is perfect. The name order is also ideal. Eucalyptus and Tea Tree jumps out on opening the lid and stays with the shave throughout. The cooling menthol builds after each lather application. What a soap!

The pass around Schick Adjustable:
A good forum friend Mike B @mpf9ret recommended a Schick (Chick) blade on setting 4 for the 1st use. I did this initially, but found I needed to wind it up to max for the WTG & XTG passes. For the final ATG pass I turned it down to 6. A very easy DFS was the result.
As again recommended by Mike B, will be trying a Schick Twin on the next shave.
Arthur,
Quite surprised you went so high on a first outing, if you use the twin perhaps start on the lower setting and work up.
Mike B

DSC_0401_zpskcn12b9a.jpg
Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS ERN 1934 Solingen Extra Hollow 6/8th (Freshly Honed)
Leonhardy Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave Tonight with My Friends NOS ERN Solingen 6/8th Tonight After Honing it for Him..This ERN SR is in Absolute Mint Condition..It Took a Very Small Micro Size Bevel & Has a Very Keen & Very Comfortable Edge..One of the Most Comfortable SRs I have Ever had the Pleasure to Shave with..The Factory Grind Work on this Old SR is Something to Behold..I had a Very Comfortable Shave Tonight..o_O

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

DSC_0401_zpskcn12b9a.jpg

Leonhardy Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave Tonight with My Friends NOS ERN Solingen 6/8th Tonight After Honing it for Him..This ERN SR is in Absolute Mint Condition..It Took a Very Small Micro Size Bevel & Has a Very Keen & Very Comfortable Edge..One of the Most Comfortable SRs I have Ever had the Pleasure to Shave with..The Factory Grind Work on this Old SR is Something to Behold..I had a Very Comfortable Shave Tonight..o_O

Billy
p

DSC_0401_zpskcn12b9a.jpg

Leonhardy Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

Billy
Shaving with a piece of history......fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom