Le pere lucien.
Brut.

Sweet shave.
20150810_142247.jpg

R41 with a permasharp
Mystic Waters Bay Rum
Chubby 2 Super
Mysrol Metisol

Worked the Mystic Waters soap hard and was rewarded with a great shave. I was going to bin this soap after several tries but it now has a stay of execution

SOTD 18/8/15

Hot Towel
Rock Face Facial Scrub
Mitchells Wool Fat Soap
Body Shop Synthetic Brush
Merkur 39C
Astra SS (3)

AdobePhotoshopExpress_3a16ce7195c34e51b6c51e29109e9943.jpg

Day four of The Fat and given the better shave by incorporating the preshave oil, I thought I'd switch to the facial scrub today. Loaded the brush for seemingly less time today (20 seconds max) and to the bowl again. Somehow I got even more high quality lather today. Bit of water, whip away and I was rewarded with enough lather to scythe down the hair on a Bigfoot! Anyway, I prepared my face with the hot towel and scrub, and applied the lather, then with seemingly less effort than the average teenager ever puts into anything, the razor and blade sliced through the stubble with ease. First pass gone too quickly for me to enjoy. 2nd and 3rd passes (XTG & ATG) were much the same, over before they began. But boy oh boy, the closeness is unparalleled. The post shave feel sublime. No weepers, no nicks or cuts, just a 95% BBS finish without a hint of drama. Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't been chosen by The Fat, seek it out. Work with it and it's quirks, for thee shall be rewarded tenfold for the effort.

Result? 5/5. I honestly didn't think I'd find a 5* shave without the scent of 1805 being involved. Mitchells Wool Fat is a minor miracle in my eyes, and goes to show that you don't need the most expensive, highly produced product in the world to get a 1st class shave experience.

SOTD - Tuesday
Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Soap: BowTie "Tobacco & Bay"
Brush: M&F 2XL "Stubby" 28mm Finest
Razor: Mongoose Satin w/Dr. Bomber handle
Blade: Kai Captain SharpBlade (3)
Wow! Whoever said that this soap pairs nicely with Alt Innsbruck was on point!
Fantastic 3-pass BBS and I'm smelling like a million bucks.

SOTD 17-8-15
Virginiasheng Purtech
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Vintage Merkur Progress
Original Old Spice
Bay Rum AS

11891250_1078575365509528_6567599978550343330_n.jpg

Vintage Old Spice is ridiculously good soap. I've just worked through the musty crust on the soap and now it smells awesome!

Feather injector
Plisson synthetic
Catie's Bubbles La Terre Verte
Pitralon Swiss

Very poor. Bloody, in fact. I put it down irritated skin (I have reacted to two Catie's Bubbles in three) being attacked by a fairly aggressive razor that I haven't yet mastered.

img_1654.jpg

Trumpers Lime Skinfood
Plisson
Soap Commander Gusto
Mongoose
Feather Pro (5)
Soap Commander Gusto balm

Great lather as ever with the Plisson Soap Commander combo. The Plisson felt very small after using the Stirling brush for my last few shaves.

Back
Top Bottom