Hot water prep
Massage with Coconut Oil
Nivea Shaving Cream
Semiouge Boar Brush
Feather Artist Club SS Razor
Feather Pro Blade
Aloe Vera Gel
Logona mann Natural Aftershave Lotion

I enjoyed my first shave with my newly acquired Feather SS Club..I got a couple of scrapes on my neck but I got a really nice smooth shave with it....I really enjoyed using the SS and it will be my Go razor until I get the hang of it for the foreseeable future....Nine, nice, nice...o_O

Thanks to Ben from TSR...:)

Billy.

Last edited:
Felt a bit sensitive this morning:

Proraso pre white
Proraso white
Cadman L7 best
Merkur futur set to 6
Institut karite balm.

The futur may seem an odd choice, true it's a bit aggressive but once you tame it, the shaves are very gentle.. (Still got no soul though!)

rps20150819_071725_943.jpg

SOTD - Wed
Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Soap: BowTie "Sweet Grass"
Brush: M&F 2XL "Stubby" 28mm Finest
Razor: Mongoose Satin w/Dr. Bomber handle
Blade: Kai Captain SharpBlade (4)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel with 444 menthol, followed by Fine "Fresh Vetiver" splash
Blade edge is starting to fade. Still smooth but not cutting as efficiently.
Still a fabulous BBS shave.

Back Home- 18th August
Vulfix 404
Vitos Red
ER 1924
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
La Toja A/S
Perhaps needed use of original handle, instead of Aluminium one similar to the Bathroom set one.
P1150001.jpg

Wed 19 August 2015
Lea Classic Soap
Kent Infinity - Face lathered
ER 1924- light Aluminium Handle.
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Alum Rub /Rinse Off
Myrsol Antesol A/S

Despite getting Lather a bit Wishy Washy,had a good close easy shave.

P1160001.jpg

Pre-Shave:- Hot Shower
Soap:- Wickham's Trade Spice
Brush:- Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Razor:- Mongoose + Dr Bomber Handle
Blade:- Kai Captain Mild (1)
Post Shave:- Old Spice A/S

Greetings
Wednesday 19th August 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Wilkinson Pall Mall
Blade: Proprietary
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Nivea Men
EDT: Encre Noir

I have been absent for quite some time due in part to having been away and in part because the site, after the change of format, seemed to loose some of it's fun and good natured pi** taking and (as somebody said) sparkle. My initial reaction to the new site is it appears really good, well done to Boab and all of those that helped and are still helping with this 'revival site'.

My lack of posting in the shave of the day section is because I have been shaving solely with this brassy old Wilkinson Pall Mall set, and at last I have made one of the seven blades a decent shaving blade after dozens of re-honings and stropping on every abrasive substance known to man. I am now fairly confident that my previous mistakes have all been due to way too much time on the pasted balsa and leather bench strops and nowhere near enough on plain leather strops!
I have now discovered that sharp and comfortable are not necessarily synonymous with each other and whilst I made this blade sharp it was sharp but rough, keeping away from the abrasives seemed to have increased the blades comfort hugely, I've still a lot to learn and I know I can make this blade better yet.

I am not in love with this razor far from it I'm just becoming obsessed with the quest to 'tune up' this blade to the point where I can say it is perfect! If anyone wants to sell me a Heljestrand SE and some spare blades for a tenner, I'm in the market! :D

Regards
Dick.

DSC06204.JPG

Calani Dubai
Edwin Jagger 23mm Tall Synthetic
ATT R1 Kronos
Personna Lab Blue
The Real Shaving Co. Post Shave Soothing Balm
Dunhill Edition EDT

Don't you like the size of the font on the new website? Can read every single word :)

SOTD 19/8/15

Hot Towel
Rock Face Facial Scrub
Mitchells Wool Fat Soap
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Merkur 39C
Astra SS (4)

AdobePhotoshopExpress_7dc24b9993c044c990b19db76af0a638.jpg

Day 5 of The Fat, and I do believe that I have reached shaving soap Nirvana. It is a blissful soap to use. Combined with the scarily efficient 39C & Astra SS, I have no problem whatsoever mowing down the stubble. I used the boar brush again today, and found it loads quicker than the synthetic, but doesn't distribute the lather quite as nicely as the synthetic. Either way, the shave was superb, not a hair of drama.

Result? 5/5. I did wonder if yesterday was a fluke top marks shave, but no. It seems that the scrub is the key to the best prep for the shave. Very happy shaver here.

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Valet Autostrop VC3
Blade - Feather FHS-5 Hi-Stainless (#2)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Straight up Tabac!
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS+++++

As always, unbelievable results from the VC3 and Tabac. I got a skin tag mole type thing below my nose and for some reason, the single edge blades never take the top off it whereas DE's mostly do.
As comfortable and smooth as it's possible to achieve!

Yeah! Finally got to try the Fat!
Mitchells Wool Fat
Omega 49
Progress [5,2]
Rapira Super Stainless [3]
Brut AS
Superdrug Moisturiser

20712869405_11acb0b20f_c.jpg

The Fat is simply awesome, lathers easily and had mounds of lather, too much, lovely glide, skin beautifully soft post shave.
I now need to find some and buy some!

Back
Top Bottom