SOTD: Saturday 15th- Friday 21st April 2017

Sunday 16 April 2017

NZfxHhgxfB7HEhASOEQJf85ps8JCSaAPQtSsXBeGZBDzCikYxq_gLKnBkTuoueEXIN6wMB_2bzai_K-XxdSMU8NakQNlgxd_jw=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Mini, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point, Bois de Rose

Mastro Livi Mini Razor at last! This type of razor was missing from my collection and I thought a Mastro Livi collection would not be complete without one of his Mini Razors. Mastro Livi conceived this type of razor in 2004 and it is mainly meant for beard, mustache and sideburns trimming as well as for women's hair removal. It is also great for those having small hands or a small face, however I find it can be used by anyone. Moreover, it certainly is a great travel razor. To this mini razor I paired a Mastro Livi Eco-silvertip synthetic brush as both have bois de rose handles. It was also the occasion to use - after a long time - the marvelous Klar Kabinett shaving soap, one of my favorite soaps and it is really too bad they quit production. I still have a small chunk of it and I use for special occasions - just like P.160 soap - and today certainly was a special day because I shaved, for the first time, with a Mastro Livi Mini Razor.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Klar Kabinett
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Perugia Synthetic Eco-Silvertip, Bois De Rose, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Mini, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point, Bois de Rose
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Denim White Musk

30ddnad.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Americana
Razor: Hone Type 15 w/ Gillette Wilkinson Sword (3)
Soap: Pannacrema Nuavia Verde

A great Easter Sunday shave, since my last use the Nuavia has really grown on me. Fantastic performance, quite pricey but it is a quality product. The post shave feel is one of the best, so good that I am loathe to put any Witch Hazel on today and the briefest sprays of fragrance.

The blade was a revelation in the Hone, perhaps my most favourite use that I can recall. I will give one a more prolonged run out in the Hone.

The Americana was fantastic as always.

Sun 16th April
Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Brass General
Feather Pro [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

As nearing the end of my loan, I had to try out a Pro blade. It proved to be very efficient , and resulted
in an extremely close all round Shave. Was glad that for my initial outings with this Razor, I used the more forgiving Schick Proline, I think this policy allows one to get used to a new Razor and lessens the risk of blood letting.Will be sad to see it go,but hopefully my own will arrive soon.

IMG_1248.jpg

Sun 16th April
Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Brass General
Feather Pro [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

As nearing the end of my loan, I had to try out a Pro blade. It proved to be very efficient , and resulted
in an extremely close all round Shave. Was glad that for my initial outings with this Razor, I used the more forgiving Schick Proline, I think this policy allows one to get used to a new Razor and lessens the risk of blood letting.Will be sad to see it go,but hopefully my own will arrive soon.

View attachment 24711
I'm pleased the Feather pro worked for you, I have always found them to give top results.

Simpsons Chubby 1
Faena Mastica
ATT R1
Gillette Rubie
Lab Series balm.

Lovely shave today. Don't see much love for Faena here which is a shame as it's a class act. Not sure what they call this one as they couldn't be bothered to write it on the label - all I remember is that it's Mastica but named something else.
I'm new to Rubies but loving them as much as Polsilvers.
Happy Easter to you all.

Sotd - 16/4/2017

Razor - Gibbs adjustable
Blade - Nacet - 2
Brush - Stirling fan butterscotch
Soap - RazoRock Emperor
Post - Allum and witch hazel
A/S - RazoRock Emperor
Balm - Real Shaving Co. moisturiser

Result - top end. Only my second use of the Gibbs but I'm deeply smitten with this razor. Smooth, effortless and effective. I've not used the Emperor soap much but it's the best Aventus clone I've found. I've owned the original parfum - replaced by Bois de Portugal by Creed. The soap is scent-wise anyway, superior to Fine Platinum in my opinion. If you fancy that sort of thing check it out - @Blackmass - it might suit you? It's highly scented - a rich creamy lather - tallow based - but it leaves my skin a bit tight - hence the moisturiser. Enjoy your shaves - I

Sotd - 16/4/2017

Razor - Gibbs adjustable
Blade - Nacet - 2
Brush - Stirling fan butterscotch
Soap - RazoRock Emperor
Post - Allum and witch hazel
A/S - RazoRock Emperor
Balm - Real Shaving Co. moisturiser

Result - top end. Only my second use of the Gibbs but I'm deeply smitten with this razor. Smooth, effortless and effective. I've not used the Emperor soap much but it's the best Aventus clone I've found. I've owned the original parfum - replaced by Bois de Portugal by Creed. The soap is scent-wise anyway, superior to Fine Platinum in my opinion. If you fancy that sort of thing check it out - @Blackmass - it might suit you? It's highly scented - a rich creamy lather - tallow based - but it leaves my skin a bit tight - hence the moisturiser. Enjoy your shaves - I

Thanks for the tag and heads up. I'll check it out, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom